Tool

__howdy__

Striker
Dropped their back catalogue onto most streaming platforms today which is frankly, brilliant news. Any fans?

Were they the last big hold out or are there any big artists still not available?

Dropped their back catalogue onto most streaming platforms today which is frankly, brilliant news. Any fans?

Were they the last big hold out or are there any big artists still not available?
aye,already a rolling TOOL thread on here somewhere mate

Been listening to the new lp over the last couple of days. 7 tunes, 81 mins :) It's dense, complex (no surprise), drumming is very much to the forefront, and it's instrumentally heavy (with synths!). Vocals on the other hand are sparse and more like APC. It's very Tool but also different from previous lps.

Worth waiting 13 years for? I don't think much is worth waiting that long for, but, well it's f***ing superb. I can't imagine any Tool fans will be disappointed but if you were new to the band not the ideal place to start.

Highlights: 7empest , Danny Carey (next level, even for Danny Carey)

Been listening to the new lp over the last couple of days. 7 tunes, 81 mins :) It's dense, complex (no surprise), drumming is very much to the forefront, and it's instrumentally heavy (with synths!). Vocals on the other hand are sparse and more like APC. It's very Tool but also different from previous lps.

Worth waiting 13 years for? I don't think much is worth waiting that long for, but, well it's f***ing superb. I can't imagine any Tool fans will be disappointed but if you were new to the band not the ideal place to start.

Highlights: 7empest , Danny Carey (next level, even for Danny Carey)

where'd you get it? I've been checking spotify daily to see if its available yet

Is their new album seriously only available for £80 on CD? Ludicrous if so.

Is their new album seriously only available for £80 on CD? Ludicrous if so.
It looks that way, and I agree, it's a crazy price, even with all the LCD screen crap. I wonder if they release just the CD without all the extras for a reasonable price further down the line.

I wouldn't pay the £80 and there is more on the digital download anyway (3 extra instrumental segues not on the CD)

Probably a band I'd look to see live, they've always kind of intrigued me but passed me by. For all it's ails spotify makes them easier to access...
Ay, their live show is excellent - seen them 7 times but not since 2006/7. Musically they are superb but the visuals are something as well - probably the best I've seen aside from Amon Tobin's Isam show.

Maynard's voice is properly gone, isn't it? 😔
Gotta admit, I'm not that impressed on first listening. Meandering songs that don't seem to really build up to anything? Maybe it's a grower?

Last edited by a moderator:
Albeit it's from a few weeks back, I just listened to Maynard's interview on the Joe Rogan podcast, really interesting. I also this morning listened to Adam Jones interviewed on Talk is Jericho podcast which was quite good as well. Recommend both for anyone interested.

Back