Tool

Manchester, Birmingham and London in May 2022.

Gettin. :cool:

I still haven't managed to get into Fear Innoculum.

I'm perhaps being overly critical but...

To me it feels like 6 rewrites of the music from Lateralus tracks but missing a bit of the attitude, and it sounds like Maynard is just phoning in the vocals rather than making an effort. And then it feels they've filled the rest of the space on the album with sonic art stuff just to spread out the time to a full album length.

On Lateralus, the few of those type of tracks felt like a part of the whole album but on this it's like "oh what, another one? Come on!"

I'm sure I'll keep giving it another go, and another go, and another go but so far I'm pretty disappointed with it.

I still haven't managed to get into Fear Innoculum.

I'm perhaps being overly critical but...

To me it feels like 6 rewrites of the music from Lateralus tracks but missing a bit of the attitude, and it sounds like Maynard is just phoning in the vocals rather than making an effort. And then it feels they've filled the rest of the space on the album with sonic art stuff just to spread out the time to a full album length.

On Lateralus, the few of those type of tracks felt like a part of the whole album but on this it's like "oh what, another one? Come on!"

I'm sure I'll keep giving it another go, and another go, and another go but so far I'm pretty disappointed with it.
They're a full time band with part time singer, I think it shows a bit. iT's still a great album, and after 11 years off it's a great piece of work. Not up to the other albums, however the song 7even is an absolute masterpiece. I not they're teasing a new EP's worth of music, I reckon a release date around 2041....

Tickets secured for Manc and that there London. The Florence show in 2019 was off the charts, cannot f***ing wait.

Some fans got crushed in a standing section on their 2006 tour, they haven't had standing (wherever possible) since.
Ah, didn't realise that. Pearl Jam still seem to manage it after Roskilde but I guess stopping mid-song and getting everyone to move back three paces would kill the mood a bit more at a Tool gig.

Ah, didn't realise that. Pearl Jam still seem to manage it after Roskilde but I guess stopping mid-song and getting everyone to move back three paces would kill the mood a bit more at a Tool gig.
They have no problem playing festivals mind, it's a massive double standard. But thats the reason.

Back