Took the plunge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For that kind of budget I would imagine the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary is going to be the answer. The Tamron 150-600 G2 and the Sigma 150-600 Sport are considerably more expensive.
Apparently the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary is very good and holds it's own, image quality wise, with the other two but lacks weather sealing, which might be needed in the Hebrides.
I am looking to buy the Tamron 150-600 G2 shortly and have been doing a bit of research. Good luck with your choice and I hope the weather holds out for you.

For that kind of budget I would imagine the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary is going to be the answer. The Tamron 150-600 G2 and the Sigma 150-600 Sport are considerably more expensive.
Apparently the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary is very good and holds it's own, image quality wise, with the other two but lacks weather sealing, which might be needed in the Hebrides.
I am looking to buy the Tamron 150-600 G2 shortly and have been doing a bit of research. Good luck with your choice and I hope the weather holds out for you.
Looks like I'm going to get wet but it's to be expected up there really.
Cheers for the advice, I'll have a google tonight at what's out there

Not sure yet.

Planning my 3 days almost 'last minute' according to & around when the weather is predicted to be best for each area.

I'll be sure to take in the Quiraing, Neist Point, & the road to Glasnakille the day I'm on there though :cool:
Think I'm having a change of plan and might just stay on South/North Uist from what I read last night...Scotland's biggest concentration of golden eagles...it's a bucket list item this so I'm sold on the idea of going for a lens today and will cut my mileage from 200 to 150 so I can get plenty of wildlife spotting in!

Good luck with the weather, hopefully you will get the shots you are after. I will need a full review when you get back, of course :cool:
Fingers crossed it'll hold, it's looking as though it's going to brighten up a bit at the moment. Naturally I'll bore the tits off everyone when I get back.:lol:

Fingers crossed it'll hold, it's looking as though it's going to brighten up a bit at the moment. Naturally I'll bore the tits off everyone when I get back.:lol:
Good to hear about the weather. It will be good to get some hands-on feedback on the lens as well.

what is the full range and f number?

there's this which goes up to 600mm but is pretty slow at f6.3, anything long and fast is gonna be serious coin
https://www.parkcameras.com/p/G2472...8Bu_BEwIj6vu8ec0X1GPuxZW9sKa_5eBoC4SgQAvD_BwE
I've got one of these sigmas, pretty damn good lens tbh. Took this in Portree on a boat in very windy conditions @600mm Full frame camera though 5dmk4. 1/500 f6.3 - iso 1250
Logon or register to see this image
IMG_5787 by Robert Smith, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back