Took my little lad fishing yesterday evening.

Wanted to go so I packed a rod, tackle and bait and fished a local reservoir.
Done the conventional pole and small Roach on ponds etc thus last night introduced him to feeder fishing.
Mixed up breadcrump, pellets and sweetcorn in the bait mix and put 3 grains of sweet corn on a large size 8 hook and 8lb line.
Fired out some loose pellets and corn and started to fish. Two decent Roach fairly quickly and then the tip rapped around and the clutch screamed as he hooked into a carp. He picked up the rod and his face was one of “we need a bigger boat.”
He held the rod high on his seat and the clutch was adjusted enough to let the Carp run without breaking the line. Seemed eternity and he was knackered.
A common carp of just under 12lb netted. Unfortunately before a picture ensued it rolled from his hands and swam off.
Notwithstanding that he caught a 6lb and 8lb after that and I took a picture on his phone.

Just a precious evening and brought back memories when I loved fishing at his age.
Watching the Sun disappear behind the trees and the sound of the wildlife makes you realise that making a little effort can be so rewarding. Definitely have my Grand Dad in me a right Country lad I am. Just wish I had more time to do the things I love to do in life.
The only downside was his Swindon away top was covered in fish slime and I guess you can’t have everything right.

Done the conventional pole and small Roach on ponds etc thus last night introduced him to feeder fishing.
Mixed up breadcrump, pellets and sweetcorn in the bait mix and put 3 grains of sweet corn on a large size 8 hook and 8lb line.
Fired out some loose pellets and corn and started to fish. Two decent Roach fairly quickly and then the tip rapped around and the clutch screamed as he hooked into a carp. He picked up the rod and his face was one of “we need a bigger boat.”
He held the rod high on his seat and the clutch was adjusted enough to let the Carp run without breaking the line. Seemed eternity and he was knackered.
A common carp of just under 12lb netted. Unfortunately before a picture ensued it rolled from his hands and swam off.
Notwithstanding that he caught a 6lb and 8lb after that and I took a picture on his phone.

Just a precious evening and brought back memories when I loved fishing at his age.
Watching the Sun disappear behind the trees and the sound of the wildlife makes you realise that making a little effort can be so rewarding. Definitely have my Grand Dad in me a right Country lad I am. Just wish I had more time to do the things I love to do in life.
The only downside was his Swindon away top was covered in fish slime and I guess you can’t have everything right.
Well done, another young talent turned into a bivvy boy :rolleyes: :lol: Pleased you enjoyed it, beats my efforts this morning half a dozen roach and 3 perch :cry:

Sounds cracking mate. A few people I know go fishing, been asked plenty times but keep putting it off. May just have to go next time and see if I enjoy it.

Class. Keep taking them pics pal and build the portfolio.
Fishing as got to be the best pass time with a son or daughter!!! Got to be.

Class. Keep taking them pics pal and build the portfolio.
Fishing as got to be the best pass time with a son or daughter!!! Got to be.
my two won`t entertain it. Big un copped one roach then sat in the car with his phone and little un prefered to wander off with my mates daughter. Now she`s in high school she won`t even go near the pond

my two won`t entertain it. Big un copped one roach then sat in the car with his phone and little un prefered to wander off with my mates daughter. Now she`s in high school she won`t even go near the pond
Nightmare mate. My son never bothered then one of his mates went and now that’s it twice a week. Taking him to woodlands next week, full day at it and a bit scran.

Back