Too Good for League One

Last season it was all about building a squad considering we had hardly any players.

This season we definitely need to add quality other than quantity, and with the likes of Robson, Hume & Embleton hopefully getting more first team opportunities - it means we don’t have to add as much.

So far I am happy with our signings and feel they’re definitely signed to be part of a squad challenging for promotion (Willis especially).

I think 3 more signings (a creative winger - Maddison? A dominant CM who is box to box - Dobson? And a good number 10 option/a dominant CB (depending if we’re going 4-5-1 or 3-5-2/3-4-3 this season) and I’ll be happy). Another striker at a push but we’ve spent quite a bit on Grigg & Wyke I think we will persevere.

I just can't see what all the fuss is about regarding Embleton. Hope to be proved wrong.

At Willis’ level / age, coming to Sunderland instead of Luton for the higher wage (said to be 10K) and fighting for promotion to the Championship surely the right decision for him. Who else?

At Willis’ level / age, coming to Sunderland instead of Luton for the higher wage (said to be 10K) and fighting for promotion to the Championship surely the right decision for him. Who else?

If this is true then it’s a no brainier for the lad.

Back