Too Good for League One

I never understand why people say we are too good for League One.
The one that gets me is 'we shouldn't be down here'

Why not? No club has a right to be relative to the size of City/Town or the amount of supporters. We went from the Prem to Division 4 in not many seasons. Yet we still had supporters thinking we should walk it.

I reserve judgement until about 10 games in.

Why not? No club has a right to be relative to the size of City/Town or the amount of supporters. We went from the Prem to Division 4 in not many seasons. Yet we still had supporters thinking we should walk it.

Log off man, will ya?

Last season it was all about building a squad considering we had hardly any players.

This season we definitely need to add quality other than quantity, and with the likes of Robson, Hume & Embleton hopefully getting more first team opportunities - it means we don’t have to add as much.

So far I am happy with our signings and feel they’re definitely signed to be part of a squad challenging for promotion (Willis especially).

I think 3 more signings (a creative winger - Maddison? A dominant CM who is box to box - Dobson? And a good number 10 option/a dominant CB (depending if we’re going 4-5-1 or 3-5-2/3-4-3 this season) and I’ll be happy). Another striker at a push but we’ve spent quite a bit on Grigg & Wyke I think we will persevere.

Last edited:
Last season it was all about building a squad considering we had hardly any players.

This season we definitely need to add quality other than quantity, and with the likes of Robson, Hume & Embleton hopefully getting more first team opportunities - it means we don’t have to add as much.

So far I am happy with our signings and feel they’re definitely signed to be part of a squad challenging for promotion (Willis especially).

I think 3 more signings (a creative winger - Maddison? A dominant CM who is box to box - Dobson? And a good number 10 option/a dominant CB (depending if we’re going 4-5-1 or 3-5-2/3-4-3 this season) and I’ll be happy). Another striker at a push but we’ve spent quite a bit on Grigg & Wyke I think we will persevere.
Is there a reason several posters seem to think we will get Maddison ?

If they do well in first season revisit their contract nothing wrong with that , sensible management . Mcgeady has just extended by a year , the lesson with Maja appears to have been heeded .

I reserve it till 46 games in.

Hated Short for spending so much money

Hate Donald for not spending enough

The logic of some of our fanbase
I don't hate Short for spending too much money. What I hate is that, despite splashing cash around in stupid quantities, we had no real nous when it comes to any players' value hence we didn't sign anyone of genuine quality. So much cash wasted with absolutely nothing worthwhile to show as a result.
More than that, I also hate the fact that certain mercenaries (players and agents) took us for a ride because we were so stupid and gullible at that time.

Because of all of the above, I have absolutely no problem at all with our current strategy.

100% on the same page, mate.
In fact, just a casual glance at our recent catastrophic mis-management and the only real surprise is that we are down here with a chance of recovery

Just playing devils advocate but weve signed two league one players and someone not judged good wnough by a championship team. How does that make them too god for league one ??

Back