1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

Too Good for League One

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by 123SunTan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Willis signing (and others) clearly reveals strategy of promotion on the cheap and saving funds to be competitive for the next level.

Players who are too good for League One and confidently letting their contracts run out knowing that a Championship club will come bidding

Fill our gaps with a few more like this and it will be a good summer. Cynics will cast the owners in a bad light but it makes sense.

2. AscotMackem

AscotMackem Full Back

3. Mackem Tommy

Mackem Tommy Midfield

People get frustrated because we aren’t spending but if the right players are available for free, why would we spend anything? :lol:

4. Walter White

Walter White Midfield

I never understand why people moan about frees if they’re half decent, it’s baffling.

5. AscotMackem

AscotMackem Full Back

It's not rare to do so below the championship. I'm sure Methven mention this about 5 times now

6. Gaggoears

Gaggoears Midfield

Willis is on a reported 10k a week. That is spending in my book.

Alma and gatopreto like this.
  7. That’s my point. The good players will confidently run out their contracts for a higher wage higher up the food chain.

Johnnyh and Bangkok Blackcat like this.
  8. AscotMackem

AscotMackem Full Back

Reallocated Love's wage

wilberforce likes this.
  9. hank williams

hank williams Striker

They moan about £50 million players

Moan about frees :lol:

Axionknight and Black Cat Gypsy like this.
  10. gipetto

gipetto Striker

Win the league and the FA Cup should be our target this season. Then build a team capable of winning the europa next season.

Chunky Dunky, sonson and ToneSAFC73 like this.
  11. robbied1

robbied1 Striker

If we dont go up next season we may well get 3 million for wills, its great piece of business

garyeaststand likes this.
  12. I won't say we are too good for league one until we are promoted.

13. RichD

RichD Striker

We should have given Coventry shit loads of money just for sake of it..that'll keep the WB happy..

Axionknight, Gaggoears and 123SunTan like this.
  14. hank williams

hank williams Striker

Our second season in it the twat

Astute likes this.
  15. Avoid up front payments in transfer fees and then use the money (parachute loan) repaid by Madrox as the war chest in the Championship. Quite sensible.

wingding and Guinness Guzzler like this.
  16. As long as we find a happy medium, cost us badly last season because Donald didn’t spend to have us ready for the start of the season, admitted it himself and then had to overspend in January to try and rectify it. Hopefully lessons have been learnt.

123SunTan likes this.
  17. hank williams

hank williams Striker

Are they still homeless

RichD likes this.
  18. seanwharton

seanwharton Full Back

Maybe we shouldn’t get carried away with saying players are too good for league one . We are signing good players at this level and that’s what we should be doing but none of the signings are too good for league one

19. Julio

Julio Striker

Hated Short for spending so much money

Hate Donald for not spending enough

The logic of some of our fanbase

20. I think that in this league the contracts are shorter, so logically if we are smart there should be a steady supply of lads available who are good players and smart enough to run down contracts in the hope for a good move.

will me a few more of these imo.

Bigmackem and 123SunTan like this.