Tony Davison

Status
Not open for further replies.

When tony came on board dons narrative was he took a paycut to come home to sunderland from spurs,implying that he was a mlf and wanted to be part of the safc journey back to success.............its reported that he has left the club,si if its true who thinks its about the takeover? who thinks hes unhappy about the direction the three amigos are taking the club?who thinks hes got a better offer?Happy if its the first or last but deeply worried its the second !
Could be both the second and third reasons, or it could be something else completely. We don't know and may never know.

But we’ve all been told everything is hunky dory and we’re the most professional club in league one! These owners are nothing but bluffers!
Many people think they can do, actually can do it for a while, but there then comes a tipping point where, for whatever reason, it stops working. Usually just after a year or so. The timing of this is bang on for one or other partner not being able to cope any more.

Regarding TD personal reasons for resigning, which some posters are just not prepared to accept, GOM is the only poster that has really mentioned the fact there are two elements in this family situation. It is just as plausible and possible that pressure could quite reasonably be coming from the remote family, ie wife and family and despite TD loving the job he does, he loves his family more and has chosen them over us. Time will tell, he has done a good job for us, he has a good reputation, let’s wait and see what his next move is?

Don’t buy that for a second.

He would have just resigned if that was the reason wouldn’t he? You don’t part ways with someone because you think they’re travelling too much, that’s up to them. :lol:

What part of the statement does “we all agreed” imply to you. In my opinion, which is just as valid as your interpretation, TD must have discussed his situation, the other Directors have agreed with his personal reasoning, and agreed to his leaving?

Regarding TD personal reasons for resigning, which some posters are just not prepared to accept, GOM is the only poster that has really mentioned the fact there are two elements in this family situation. It is just as plausible and possible that pressure could quite reasonably be coming from the remote family, ie wife and family and despite TD loving the job he does, he loves his family more and has chosen them over us. Time will tell, he has done a good job for us, he has a good reputation, let’s wait and see what his next move is?
Why you tagging me in that, mine was in reference to something else??

Many people think they can do, actually can do it for a while, but there then comes a tipping point where, for whatever reason, it stops working. Usually just after a year or so. The timing of this is bang on for one or other partner not being able to cope any more.
Both me and er indoors have done this. It becomes a chore. Mine lasted 7/8 months hers over a year but you're bang on the money

but he said t after a few months..ie he did more than a year of his salary in a few months.
the previous guy didnt do that, for the simple reason Bain didnt have anyone in thatt role, he had his mate as "director of change" instead.
they succeeded in what they were doing..they changed us from a premier league club to a league one club, with higehr debts..
It doesn’t say that and again you would expect that

What is Donald going to do if he sticks about if / when we get new owners? I presume TD’s Managing Director / CEO role. So cut costs (TD’s salary) now and create a role for himself in one go.
why wouldnt SD stay as chairman?
and it wouldnt cut a salary if he moved across-because SD doesnt get a wage now

can we please stop the personal insults towards sd and cm ! yes they are businessmen here to make money, and will (well hopefully) make plenty of it (that means we are successful which is what we ALL want)
but they have come in at our lowest ebb, took a chance on a failing business in every sense of the word ! they have stabilized the ship, interacted with the fans, let us know the ins and outs of the place both personally and over the net
but some of the people on here are an embarrassment to our club ! I really hope they don't get on here and read some of the comments ! they must think why the hell am I bothering
they are on the cusp of bringing in some major investors that could potentially change our club for EVER ! so lets please stop the infighting and personal slurs that make us look like a set of bell ends
I know it's a massive minority of us. but remember we lambaste the mags for spouting similar bile. lets not drag ourselves down to their level though eh...….

It would be understandable and its very believable if its to do with his wife/kids.

MD of Sunderland isn't a 9-5, 5 days a week thing so he will be spending a lot of time away and can't get home at weekends etc.

In a normal job, you would probably move your family closer to your work, but MD of a football club is hardly a job for life, so you could see why he wouldn't want to unsettle them.

Good luck Tony, whatever the reasons you seem to be a very popular person. (and you were a great Samson!!!)

Fair play to the bloke if it's for family reasons.
My commute is only 20 minutes and sometimes it drives me up the wall.

... or maybe the stated reason (that he was working away from his family) is actually true.
He left a good job at spurs ,took a pay cut and didnt know where safc was located before he took the job ?Iwhen i wrote my post i didnt know he had made an official statement !If you want a good reputation in the feild you work in you donts crap in your previous owners intray before leaving do you?I usually take most things on face value so if he has said its for family reasons,so be it until proved otherwise! However if in the next few weeks and months we sell off the AOL or heaven forbid the SOL I think you will have the true answer as there are some thilgs a safc mlf would not stand for!

Last edited:
why wouldnt SD stay as chairman?
and it wouldnt cut a salary if he moved across-because SD doesnt get a wage now

He doesn’t take a salary as he’s targeting a huge capital gain. If he sells majority of his shares he’ll want a salary as he’ll be looking at a reduced gain (in % terms at least as gain will be minimal unless we get out of this league - ignoring parachute payment talk!!!).
They’ll save costs now without TD and couldn’t possibly justify an MD and chairman to new investors. What meaningful tasks would a chairman do if we had an MD and head of football operations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back