Tonights workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilSAFC

Striker
3 sets of each, all to failure but in the 8-10 range.

Dumb bell bench press
Triceps cable pull downs, 1 arm at a time.
Shoulder press with dumb bells
Wide dips
Shoulder shrugs with dumb bells
Pec fly machine

Thoughts? Obviously chest, tris, shoulders day. Anything else I should add or is that decent?

3 sets of each, all to failure but in the 8-10 range.

Dumb bell bench press
Triceps cable pull downs, 1 arm at a time.
Shoulder press with dumb bells
Wide dips
Shoulder shrugs with dumb bells
Pec fly machine

Thoughts? Obviously chest, tris, shoulders day. Anything else I should add or is that decent?

Personally I'd drop the shrugs and shoulder press and hit chest and particularly tris more, as the shoulders actually get hit a fair bit during a chest workout.

Titus said:
Personally I'd drop the shrugs and shoulder press and hit chest and particularly tris more, as the shoulders actually get hit a fair bit during a chest workout.

Any suggested excercises. At the gym now :lol:

Titus said:
Overhead tricep extensions and close grip bench would both be good additions

Cheers mate. Will give them a bash next time round. I'll happily drop shoulder stuff, I hate it.

Cheers mate. Will give them a bash next time round. I'll happily drop shoulder stuff, I hate it.

There are some bodybuilders that I've heard say they don't hit shoulders directly at all. A more practical time to hit them would be on maybe a leg day, when you aren't already hitting them indirectly from other exercises such as benching.

Tried the close grip bench press before I left tonight. Just put a fairly light weight on the bar but my triceps were burning like mad. Only did 1 set as I think they were done at that point.

If I was doing a split I'd be doing shoulders with legs. Shoulders for me should be hitting the three tops then an overall exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back