Tonight's Sunderland Echo - A New Low

SAFC1962

Winger
I tend to forgive the Echo's many incomplete paragraphs, spelling errors, wrong version of words, untitled photographs etc, they are an irritation but trivial in the wider sense. Although I'm sure many former employees cringe when they read it.

Tonight, for me, was a new low. Our city's football team played a match last night that finished before 9.45pm. After reading the Tony Gillan bit in the middle I presumed that the match report, marks out of 10, opinion on the referee, some brief comments from the staff/players would have been towards the back.

Nothing, zilch, zippo, nil...........What's all that about? In the 1970's to 90's the Footy Echo was at the newsagents by 6pm.

They may as well shut up shop now if they can't do a match report with no extra time involved!

I tend to forgive the Echo's many incomplete paragraphs, spelling errors, wrong version of words, untitled photographs etc, they are an irritation but trivial in the wider sense. Although I'm sure many former employees cringe when they read it.

Tonight, for me, was a new low. Our city's football team played a match last night that finished before 9.45pm. After reading the Tony Gillan bit in the middle I presumed that the match report, marks out of 10, opinion on the referee, some brief comments from the staff/players would have been towards the back.

Nothing, zilch, zippo, nil...........What's all that about? In the 1970's to 90's the Footy Echo was at the newsagents by 6pm.

They may as well shut up shop now if they can't do a match report with no extra time involved!

We used to come up for games, have a pint after and take an Echo to read in the car home ...
... and this was before the internet.

Exactly the same in the Echo's sister paper, The Hartlepool Mail.
The Hartlepool Mail, didn't even carry a report of Hartlepool's 2-2 draw with Fylde, last night.
Instead, it chose to print a double page spread, about the Scum 😠

Very sad state of affairs.

Its about as Sunderland as a Thai Red Curry. A fckn joke.

We used to come up for games, have a pint after and take an Echo to read in the car home ...
... and this was before the internet.
Or, before practically every single league game finished 1-1 and you could just quickly rehash the report from the previous match.

It’s a load of shite and had been for ages. That Katy lass who is their “food critic” listed Fona Pizza as one of the best pizza places in Sunderland on the website today :lol:

Back