Tonights Meet the Gaffer

Yes, fuck those type they don’t matter. My issue is people who go to games and have been going for years getting stick after they’ve had enough. There’s so many close to f***ing it off (me included) and we can’t be blamed. This club right now is a complete joke with who’s running it. Honestly think if nothing changes we’ll be very lucky to get 15K at home next season.

I get the frustration mate - we are all pissed off, but another 5,000-10,000 walking away won’t help one bit. In fact, it will probably make things considerably worse.

There is a myth that seems to be gathering pace on here, mostly amongst the non attendees, that those going are accepting failure. We aren’t. We just understand that if everyone took the easy way out - and walked away - the club will die.

It’s time, however, that the club protected loyalty.

Berb ners.
You sound like Ian Lavery
I get the frustration mate - we are all pissed off, but another 5,000-10,000 walking away won’t help one bit. In fact, it will probably make things considerably worse.

There is a myth that seems to be gathering pace on here, mostly amongst the non attendees, that those going are accepting failure. We aren’t. We just understand that if everyone took the easy way out - and walked away - the club will die.

How does it protect loyalty ? These fuckers (SD & CM) seem to take it for granted and even have the temerity to slag it off when they want to divert away negative attention !!! They're not Sunderland fans unfortunately just businessmen looking to us as a way to personal profit

Last edited:

I understand why people are close to packing in. The football has been awful. But we have a much better chance of getting our of this mess, like you say, if people stick with it. It could also be potentially off putting to any potential american investment.

And your 1 of the ones who are just hoping they fail, it’s sad really

On the contrary, I f***ing love this club and have followed them home and away for 35 years. Hoping they fail is one accusation that nobody can throw at me. However, I am a realist not a delutionist and find it sad the way this great club is being ran into the ground by these 2 jokers. They constantly spout shite and the vast majority of our support have seen through them, unfortunately there's an odd few like yourself, that wear rose tinted spectacles, who lap up everything they say like noddy dogs.....

Good post that like.

If people don’t turn up though mate, the club dies - that simple really. People aren’t turning up blindly, they are simply supporting the club.
I agree they need the fans to continue to back the club but until we see some changes on the pitch all he says about having a top 6 championship budget is utterly meaningless because we are not going to be anywhere near the championship next season.

Crikey Steve, how many of our managers have lasted their contracts?

The club should be planning for the next ten years mate, not relying on someone who will be sacked if he has a bad month or two.

It is ridiculous and will subject us to more years of crap. If PP is capable of scouring the worldwide market for players available under their intrinsic value, why even bother with these new scouts. In fact, tear it all up, a manager with very little power will be sure to change the clubs direction and if he doesn't, let's just try another.

Logon or register to see this image
Thats the point this manager wont be sacked in a mth or two,no matter how many stamp there feet .I dont know if he will be a good manager or not,i do know he will be given the chance

On the contrary, I f***ing love this club and have followed them home and away for 35 years. Hoping they fail is one accusation that nobody can throw at me. However, I am a realist not a delutionist and find it sad the way this great club is being ran into the ground by these 2 jokers. They constantly spout shite and the vast majority of our support have seen through them, unfortunately there's an odd few like yourself, that wear rose tinted spectacles, who lap up everything they say like noddy dogs.....
Then there are those like you who are paranoid and think everything is a lie. Honestly havnt got a clue what some of our fans keep banging on about, let them get on with running the club instead of speculating about everything they say
Parkinson confirmed they are unfit. Are you saying he's lying?
He never said they were unfit!! Just said he wants to improve on the fitness, which is what all new managers say
So you don't really know if we had any?
They did

Last edited:
Fair play to the op ,
But I wouldn’t want to go and sit there listening to what they have to say,

Now is not the time for talking , let the football do the talking!

see what happens Saturday is all I’m interested in

We will know after five mins tomorrow how his time here is going to go , he’s got to get 11 motivated to have a go ...i really don’t think the answer is wholesale changes in jan he’s got to get a tune out of the squad he’s got

We will know after five mins tomorrow how his time here is going to go , he’s got to get 11 motivated to have a go ...i really don’t think the answer is wholesale changes in jan he’s got to get a tune out of the squad he’s got
We will know if they score first rather than the first five minutes as im 99percent sure we will be well up for this

People should turn up and support the team, this constant whinging about the owners is boring, if you people don’t like them then fine, but get behind the team, fans should back the team through good and bad times

I agree and have said I'll continue to stump up my season card money and attend, the same for the majority of lads I know attend.

However I think we are at the point based on the poor decisions the owners have made and the shite being served up every week on the pitch they DO deserve criticism on recruitment and the actual football side of things from the academy to 1st team.

Any owners worth their salt would not accept how poor SAFC have become, take on board the criticism and address the problems quickly.

Instead we've had smoke and mirrors around the ownership and finances about the club.

Told numerous times that we have the best budget in the league to sign whoever is required to get us up... the end result being Phil Parkinson as manager and a team full of plodders!

Two home wins are a MUST to get us back on track, I'll be there like thousands of others as I don't want to see our club die.

However I can only see one team putting in a performance and getting the win, and it ain't us. The owners have led us down this path and must take accountability.

Last edited:
I agree and have said I'll continue to stump up my season card money and attend, the same for the majority of lads I know attend.

However I think we are at the point based on the poor decisions the owners have made and the shite being served up every week on the pitch they DO deserve criticism on recruitment and the actual football side of things from the academy to 1st team.

Any owners worth their salt would not accept how poor SAFC have become, take on board the criticism and address the problems quickly.

Instead we've had smoke and mirrors around the ownership and finances about the club.

Told numerous times that we have the best budget in the league to sign whoever is required to get us up... the end result being Phil Parkinson as manager and a team full of plodders!

Two home wins are a MUST to get us back on track, I'll be there like thousands of others as I don't want to see our club die.

However I can only see one team putting in a performance and getting the win, and it ain't us. The owners have led us down this path and must take accountability.
Absolutely spot on mate.

Back