Tommy Robinson & BBC

Well this is what I get called because I don't believe he's this monster some make him out to be.

My issue with what you put is that you aren't being objective. Which is well within your right, but ultimately it is wrong.

I'm objective about most things which is why I tend to annoy people on both sides of most arguments.

I often accept and repeat that the issues TR raises are real issues and need to be addressed seriously. However I do not accept that TR is the saviour of the masses nor that the way in which he goes about it is in any way right or justified.

He regularly takes what should be a just and noble cause and spins, manipulates and distorts it for his own financial gain and publicity.

The man is a conman, a fraudster and a liar.

I'm objective about most things which is why I tend to annoy people on both sides of most arguments.

I often accept and repeat that the issues TR raises are real issues and need to be addressed seriously. However I do not accept that TR is the saviour of the masses nor that the way in which he goes about it is in any way right or justified.

He regularly takes what should be a just and noble cause and spins, manipulates and distorts it for his own financial gain and publicity.

This sums it up

There are real issues
He doesn’t care about the real issues
He doesn’t do anything to solve any issues, he creates bluster for self publicity
He creates other issues

Well you didn't come across that way In addressing that particular issue but fair enough.

I agree with most of what you say. I've always said I don't want TR on the streets leading marches etc. But this is what happens when these issues are ignored. If it wasn't him it'd be someone else.

I certainly agree he's no saviour, he shouldn't be a known figure and in fairness he admits that himself.

As for being a conman etc. I can see why you'd say that, I would even agree with some of it. He certainly can act a complete twat and does some really stupid shit. Hence I hope he never goes into politics and I've never signed up or supported his movements.

Well you didn't come across that way In addressing that particular issue but fair enough.

I agree with most of what you say. I've always said I don't want TR on the streets leading marches etc. But this is what happens when these issues are ignored. If it wasn't him it'd be someone else.

I certainly agree he's no saviour, he shouldn't be a known figure and in fairness he admits that himself.

As for being a conman etc. I can see why you'd say that, I would even agree with some of it. He certainly can act a complete twat and does some really stupid shit. Hence I hope he never goes into politics and I've never signed up or supported his movements.

For someone who's not a fan you spend an inordinate amount of time defending the bloke.

If he wasn’t a conman he’d be using his own name.

For someone who's not a fan you spend an inordinate amount of time defending the bloke.
And other people on here spend an inordinate amount of time criticising him... or just talking about him.

I'm usually only replying to what other people have directly said to me.

If people didn't debate things they disagreed on, the smb's total post count would be cut by about a quarter

If he wasn’t a conman he’d be using his own name.
Loads of people don't use their real name for all sorts of reasons. I don't think that makes them conmen.

In this instance it was him trying to get more people to join his first march.

Last edited:

I'm a bit brash when it comes to TR because I'm sick of repeating the same points.

The incident that perfectly sums that odious twat up for what he is is when he came up here when we played Celtic, openly invited Celtic fans to turn up at a shop by posing in a Rangers shirt, then cowering as carnage ensued before recording the aftermath as if he single handedly drove back the forces of Sauron.

I'm a bit brash when it comes to TR because I'm sick of repeating the same points.

The incident that perfectly sums that odious twat up for what he is is when he came up here when we played Celtic, openly invited Celtic fans to turn up at a shop by posing in a Rangers shirt, then cowering as carnage ensued before recording the aftermath as if he single handedly drove back the forces of Sauron.
Well you don't have to come on this thread, there are other threads to look at and post on.

We've all repeated the same points over and over again, I don't think anyone comes to a Tommy Robinson or Islam thread expecting to see anything new... but I do it because I a) genuinely enjoy the proper debates that sometimes ensue b) enjoy the completely mental shit and often hypocritical but sometimes hilarious stuff that the particular group of posters who always come on these threads to give me grief say. I mean I certainly wouldn't be posting on this thread if I didn't :lol: cos you never know what they are gonna come out with next.

And C) There are plenty of people who agree with me, they just can't be arsed debating 5 or 6 people going around in a circle having a go. Which I don't mind either

But in all honesty this all started because I didn't think it was fair him getting kicked off twitter and hezbollah being allowed on and I think he speaks some uncomfortable truths about Islam that some people have a major problem with. There's plenty I don't like about the guy, I'd much prefer it was someone like Douglas Murray getting the attention TR does but this is the age we live in.

But ofcourse when you say something like that, to some people thats a trigger, because you either have to be 100% for something or you are against it.

Last edited:
By conning them. QED
Yeah actually it was in a way:lol:

I can't remember the story exactly, but he organised a march called ban the luton taliban and it was about anjem choudarys lot.

I mean it is no surprise Tommy Robinson comes from the same town as Anjem Choudary, it literally was a movement that was born out of the rhetoric perpetuated by that group in the town

Anyway iirc tommy robinson was actually the leader of the millwall firm at the time, he said he would lead the march and then he didnt show up or summit. So people who werent in the firm thought it was Stephen and thats how it came about.

The issues are bigger and far more complex than just Tommy Robinson and there will always be another mouthpiece to take his place.

He's still a monumental cock head though. Crying like a bairn now on youtube.

The issues are bigger and far more complex than just Tommy Robinson and there will always be another mouthpiece to take his place.

He's still a monumental cock head though.
The issues are bigger and more complex but the lack of action is what causes things like the EDL to happen.

I get pilloried by some on here for saying I'm on the left wing of politics... only because of this issue I think, most other issues no one asks me about.

But I want the EDL to go away too, I want Tommy Robinson to go away (which are two seperate entities now), but I don't beleive in forcing them too, I believe in fixing enough problems that people don't feel like they have to turn to those people.

Forcing people to shutup imo just makes the problem fester and get worse. So does branding people racist who aren't etc. all in my opinion ofc.

My point is look at the rise of the real far right across europe. I don't think enough people actually support their philosophies to vote the numbers they are getting. i just believe people have certain issues that go to the top of the list so they are willing to suspend other priorites to fix more immediate concerns other more mainstream outlets are unwilling to do anything about.

If you deal with the issues people have then you drain the truely horrible people of their support.

All in my opinion ofcourse

I also believe this media crusade against TR is utterly ridiculous, if people have such a problem with him they should debate him and prove his points wrong. They don't because they claim they don't want to give him a platform but in reality its because he's actually not as extreme as many make out, if you listen to him on interviews, particularly the 2 he did on bbc asian network and the oxford union, people start the chat against him and end up agreeing with him. It's his volatitlity and immaturity that has gotten him in the worst situations over the years imo. Celtic example being a great one of him being an utter tit.

Last edited:

And largely ends up behind bars for it !

The issues are bigger and more complex but the lack of action is what causes things like the EDL to happen.

I get pilloried by some on here for saying I'm on the left wing of politics... only because of this issue I think, most other issues no one asks me about.

But I want the EDL to go away too, I want Tommy Robinson to go away (which are two seperate entities now), but I don't beleive in forcing them too, I believe in fixing enough problems that people don't feel like they have to turn to those people.

Forcing people to shutup imo just makes the problem fester and get worse. So does branding people racist who aren't etc. all in my opinion ofc.

My point is look at the rise of the real far right across europe. I don't think enough people actually support their philosophies to vote the numbers they are getting. i just believe people have certain issues that go to the top of the list so they are willing to suspend other priorites to fix more immediate concerns other more mainstream outlets are unwilling to do anything about.

If you deal with the issues people have then you drain the truely horrible people of their support.

All in my opinion ofcourse

I also believe this media crusade against TR is utterly ridiculous, if people have such a problem with him they should debate him and prove his points wrong. They don't because they claim they don't want to give him a platform but in reality its because he's actually not as extreme as many make out, if you listen to him on interviews, particularly the 2 he did on bbc asian network and the oxford union, people start the chat against him and end up agreeing with him. It's his volatitlity and immaturity that has gotten him in the worst situations over the years imo. Celtic example being a great one of him being an utter tit.
You have pointed out some very good points that are the bigger picture. Not that you have many posts that don't get torn apart to fuck, but I do find this one quite spot on.:lol:;)

A big part of that are the lies and fear that TR and the rest of the far right spread across Europe. There are major concerns with radical Islam and on that everyone is agreed street movements aren't the answer.

I agree though, The story today that an elderly foster couple were given charge of a kid trained by Daesh to make bombs is just utterly breath taking in it's stupidity. The fact he is on the streets at all is just numbing. You are right in that there does need to be balance. There needs to be common sense. No one has ever argued differently.

But we can all see that and it doesn't take TR to point it out to us.

The fact is that far right groups all across Europe spread fear across Europe. They demonize. They are spreading lies to force the division. They spread the rhetoric that true muslims cannot live peacefully in a secular society and they take advantage of any story they can.

This is Tommy's Pegida in Germany.

My daughter's murder was hijacked by the far right

I have also already agreed that pretending TR doesn't exist isn't the way to deal with him. He, they need to be dealt with through education rather than resorting to the tactics that Pegida use themselves.

But you are right. Common sense from those who are charged to protect us s one of the best defences we have against far right politics.

edit

That first line should read,,,

A big part of that are the lies and fear that TR and the rest of the far right spread across Europe. There are major concerns with radical Islam and on that everyone is agreed BUT street movements aren't the answer.

Last edited:

Back