Tommy Robinson & BBC

If - as well as all the available rape crisis support for victims of all characteristics - a charity also set up a dedicated helpline for disabled victims of rape, staffed with people who are themselves disabled, on the basis that they might want to speak to someone who really understands the additional dimension that their disability brings (for example, difficulty in reading social signals in interactions, or powerlessness from a physical disability), would anyone jump up and down and be so much more concerned about the discrimination against able-bodied victims of rape than about anything else?

If - as well as all the available rape crisis support for victims of all characteristics - a charity also set up a dedicated helpline for disabled victims of rape, staffed with people who are themselves disabled, on the basis that they might want to speak to someone who really understands the additional dimension that their disability brings (for example, difficulty in reading social signals in interactions, or powerlessness from a physical disability), would anyone jump up and down and be so much more concerned about the discrimination against able-bodied victims of rape than about anything else?
It depends. Are they brown?

I'm just saying I don't agree with putting out posters like that.

Calm down.

Well you did insinuate I was being racist.

I have nothing against people helping rape victims.

I'm just saying I think they shouldn't put out posters that discriminate based on race.

If it was a poster saying white women get in touch I'd equally disagree with it.... something tells me you'd object to that one too.
That poster was advertising the number that is staffed by people who speak many languages. The main rape crisis number is staffed by people who may only speak English. It’s not discriminatory, it’s more akin to pointing people in the right direction, much like signposts in say, a hospital.

There's screen shots on this thread that prove the gammons were blocking the lines - and still you waffle on. Gammons only want to protect white rape victims - why is that?

Sorry pal, I don't deny there is feeble minds (screen shots don't prove anything by the way) being berks. I think my thinking is a step forward from yours, by that I mean what importance do you put on this story, because it's barely registering with me to be honest !?!

That poster was advertising the number that is staffed by people who speak many languages. The main rape crisis number is staffed by people who may only speak English. It’s not discriminatory, it’s more akin to pointing people in the right direction, much like signposts in say, a hospital.
I disagree. If it just said we have people who speak these languages available I'd say fair enough.

You only have to ask yourself if it was the other way round would you think it was wrong. I would...

Back