Tokyo

Was going to stay shibuya for first 2 nights but missus got offered a free trip for us that starts 9am Sunday from the grand prince

Tour includes free trip up skytree and lunch and some other places so mad to turn it down
I've got a picture I took of Shibuya on my sitting room wall. A tour's not a bad idea to get your bearings and ease yourself in gently. Shibuya's easy to get to so you'll not miss out.

I almost went there a few years ago with Virgin Atlantic - the only problem was I was trying to go to Orlando.

Early days of voice recognition technology:-

Computer: "Where are you flying to?....."

Me: "Glasgow to Orlando"

Computer: "Heathrow to Tokyo"

Me: "No - Glasgow to Orlando"

Repeated above about 20 times before I started swearing loudly and giving up.

Was going to stay shibuya for first 2 nights but missus got offered a free trip for us that starts 9am Sunday from the grand prince

Tour includes free trip up skytree and lunch and some other places so mad to turn it down

Tokyo Sky Tree - Japanese Lunch & Ryogoku - Edo Tokyo. Whatever ryogoku is
Ryogoku is the sumo area. Also has museums.

It's high up on my "to do" list, along with Hong Kong, Mexico City, Rome & Madrid.
I'll visit them all, some day.
Do Hong Kong before Tokyo. Tokyo will ruin any other Asian capital for you as it has everything they do and far more.
Yep I googled it.. seems we are getting a bit of culture
It's not my favourite area, but it has its merits. Some nice parks. Doubt you'll get to see them on a tour, mind. I have a real hankering to go back there now...

Night out in Roppongi, Shibuya (worlds busiest intersection)

Go to Hakone national park, views onto Fuji.

Depending on how willing you are, Kyoto or Yokohama are doable on a day trip

Ninja resteraunt

Lived in Japan for a year. Loved it
Another vote for Hakone here. Train ride about an hour from Tokyo then buy an area pass which covers buses, boats on huge beautiful lake and cable cars. Stunning scenery and views out to Fuji in the distance. I did a day trip which was great but would have loved to stay out there longer.

Also the Imperial Palace gardens are definitely worth a visit. A place of calm right in the centre of the city.

I also did a tour on the metro out to some parks and Shinto temples to see the cherry blossom (it was spring) with one of the lasses I was working with. It’s a surprisingly spiritual place.

Back