~~Tokyo Olympics 2020/21~~

I'm a bit bemused that golf is an Olympic event like. Doesn't feel right to me (maybe less so if only amateurs were allowed to compete).

I love watching golf, and I’m sitting really enjoying the final round (despite my bets going down the drain hole by hole).

That said, I agree that there’s no need for golf, in this format, in the Olympics. If they want it in there do some sort of matchplay effort, or even mixed Matchplay doubles so it’s more of a country specific thing

In the golf, are the caddies shit at actually playing golf so stopped playing but know the theory and therefore good advisors?

Generally, although sometimes it’s just someone the golfer is comfortable with (i.e. Westwood has his missus on the bag)
Generally, although sometimes it’s just someone the golfer is comfortable with (i.e. Westwood has his missus on the bag)

This could have been Deki’s today mind, played so well but as always his putter absolutely killed him.

Shame, would have been amazing for him to win gold at home after winning the Masters.

Last edited:
How's the play off working then, are they all playing approach shots onto the green, then all seven putting , furthest out first?

Last edited:
How come McIlroy is batting for EIRE instead of UK?

I think he’s spoke about how he’s uncomfortable either way, I think growing up in quite a conflicted Ireland when very young. Think he chose Ireland because Golf Ireland done a lot of his coaching and funding early on in his career.

Might be wrong, sure that’s what I’ve read

Back