~~Tokyo Olympics 2020/21~~

You can do that to almost any event though, walking, hurdles, steeplechase, different weights in boxing judo etc.

I would scrap breaststroke mind. Just deliberately swimming slowly
At no point does the athlete use a technique that's worse than another one though, and especially, they don't have 2 events where the lesser technique is used.

Like there isn't 2 high jumps, one where you have to jump forwards and one backwards.

really good point. It might be worth thinking about going there for it.
Disney
Paris itself
Couple of days at the Olympics.
Nice way to spend a week.

That's certainly my plan for 2024 (and maybe also 2023 as a dress rehearsal for the rugby world cup), though I'm not interested in the Disney part.

I've been to Paris a few times before but mostly with work so it has been a case of go there, meeting and get out again so I really haven't spent much time there at all and don't know it as well as other European cities.

Adam peaty likes this
Tbf his breaststroke would beat most people's free and I'm certainly not going to be the one who tells him
At no point does the athlete use a technique that's worse than another one though, and especially, they don't have 2 events where the lesser technique is used.

Like there isn't 2 high jumps, one where you have to jump forwards and one backwards.
There are 2 , one using a stick. Then there's run slowly and do the high jump, then run faster and do the high jump.... But I never mentioned the high jump anyway ;)

Last edited:
Skateboarding is going to go mental again in this country and hopefully the success of young skaters like sky brown will bring new talent into the sport.

Skateboarding is going to go mental again in this country and hopefully the success of young skaters like sky brown will bring new talent into the sport.

tbf I go to a skatepark most weekends and they were busy well before the olympics.. Skateboards, scooters and bikes

I was in one on Clapham Common a few weeks back and there was this little lass about 7 doing some amazing stuff on her skateboard...

tbf I go to a skatepark most weekends and they were busy well before the olympics.. Skateboards, scooters and bikes

I was in one on Clapham Common a few weeks back and there was this little lass about 7 doing some amazing stuff on her skateboard...
Some of the half pipe stuff is amazing. The height they are getting and rotations is fantastic

Council built a new one near me but it just seems to be occupied by kids drinking and smoking.

Gets them out of the house I suppose.

Back