Toilet training puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

When he does do it give him a command. I tell mine to be clean. So tgen you can put him on the pad and tell him to do it. Its saves you standing for ages waiting for them to go. Tell him and he will do it.
Mine do it on command.
Make sure a visual signal is used also such as pointing at the pad while saying the command.;)

We crate trained him for the first week and was working quite well. We then upgraded him to like a play pen which fits his crate and a potty pad plus some room for him to walk around. I think once we introduced the playpen he has started to not like shitting on the pad (he pisses no problem).

I live in an apartment block (Lerds of dogs) and have a communal garden thing there so might start taking him out there but the vet wasn't too keen on it.

Gunna try the spray tonight. My life is far too lenient with him, won't leave him in his crate if he starts wimpering etc. I think she may be the problem
Get a new wife.

Get one of those sprays that attracts them to the pad.

This, it's a lifesaver.

We crate trained him for the first week and was working quite well. We then upgraded him to like a play pen which fits his crate and a potty pad plus some room for him to walk around. I think once we introduced the playpen he has started to not like shitting on the pad (he pisses no problem).

I live in an apartment block (Lerds of dogs) and have a communal garden thing there so might start taking him out there but the vet wasn't too keen on it.

Gunna try the spray tonight. My life is far too lenient with him, won't leave him in his crate if he starts wimpering etc. I think she may be the problem

If he isn't fully vaccinated do not take him into a garden where other dogs are pissing and shitting.

This, it's a lifesaver.

If he isn't fully vaccinated do not take him into a garden where other dogs are pissing and shitting.

Going to get the spray tonight but after putting my foot down and removing his play pen and going back to the crate and supervised regimented toilet time we have had 3 successful drop offs on the toilet pad as of last night and this morning. We actually got into a full blown argument about it 'he doesnt like sleeping in the crate its cruel etc etc' but as she hasnt had to pick up any accidents today she seems rather positive on the idea now.

It's a crate not a cage.

What breed of dog is it @Legz akimbo

hes a chiuhahu pomeranian cross. only weights 2lbs atm

Get a new wife.

i wish, too late now mate, got a f'ing dog together!!

Going to get the spray tonight but after putting my foot down and removing his play pen and going back to the crate and supervised regimented toilet time we have had 3 successful drop offs on the toilet pad as of last night and this morning. We actually got into a full blown argument about it 'he doesnt like sleeping in the crate its cruel etc etc' but as she hasnt had to pick up any accidents today she seems rather positive on the idea now.
I was the same but Dave now walks into it for a rest and loves his crate now. Never use it as a punishment though.

This is an observation and not something I've tried but all the dogs we look after seem to shit in about the same place in the garden and piss somewhere different. Have you tried 2 pads? Close to each other but separate.

This is an observation and not something I've tried but all the dogs we look after seem to shit in about the same place in the garden and piss somewhere different. Have you tried 2 pads? Close to each other but separate.

i moved the pad to his usual drop off point and that may be attributing to his new success. I'm not a millionaire so he will have to use the same pad for both functions

I was the same but Dave now walks into it for a rest and loves his crate now. Never use it as a punishment though.

When i'm at work i've asked her to put him in the crate every 3 hours for an hour or so, he naps regularly anyway and he likes it in there. Sometimes walks in there voluntarily!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back