Todays results

Peterboro have just won 5 on the trot without conceding, that includes the EFL cup. The game before that run was a 2-2 draw at home to Ipswich who have started brightly. 6-0, 3-0, 4-0 are their last 3 league results. Far more convincing than ourselves right now.

We have got through the game yesterday and Wimbledon really should have been a cricket score, but alas 3 points prevailed on both occasions. We don't look much different to last year. Peterboro in between those games ended up wiping the floor with us, at least result wise. They are currently looking like last seasons Luton. They lost twice at the start, but are flowing right now.

Ivan Toney is possibly the best best centre forward in the league and backed up with the genuine pace of Mo Eisa. We all know already that Maddison has great abolity by league one standards and George Boyd will prove a great signing with consistency and a great work ethic.

They are settling in nicely and will be a threat without doubt, as they have upgraded their squad in my opinion. Coventry and Ipswich have started well too, with both playing decent football. I expect Burton to creep up a wee bit with Doncaster being in and around it as usual. Rotherham will be pushing alongside Blackpool and Fleetwood, but I think Lincoln may fall away now .

Peterboro have just won 5 on the trot without conceding, that includes the EFL cup. The game before that run was a 2-2 draw at home to Ipswich who have started brightly. 6-0, 3-0, 4-0 are their last 3 league results. Far more convincing than ourselves right now.

We have got through the game yesterday and Wimbledon really should have been a cricket score, but alas 3 points prevailed on both occasions. We don't look much different to last year. Peterboro in between those games ended up wiping the floor with us, at least result wise. They are currently looking like last seasons Luton. They lost twice at the start, but are flowing right now.

Ivan Toney is possibly the best best centre forward in the league and backed up with the genuine pace of Mo Eisa. We all know already that Maddison has great abolity by league one standards and George Boyd will prove a great signing with consistency and a great work ethic.

They are settling in nicely and will be a threat without doubt, as they have upgraded their squad in my opinion. Coventry and Ipswich have started well too, with both playing decent football. I expect Burton to creep up a wee bit with Doncaster being in and around it as usual. Rotherham will be pushing alongside Blackpool and Fleetwood, but I think Lincoln may fall away now .
Current form is very good but they lost their first 3 games, and these losses seem to have been conveniently forgotten. They can have a bad spell too.

Current form is very good but they lost their first 3 games, and these losses seem to have been conveniently forgotten. They can have a bad spell too.

They could ofcourse, but it looks more like a side thats settled into a nice groove with goals for fun , a la Luton, who also started sloppily

Show there is nothing much to worry about in this league?
Plenty to worry about with will grigg........inside the box yesterday centraly nobody near him ,loads of time and were 3:1 up and he passes the ball back to their goalkeeper. fekking shocking ..His head has gone! ,He cannot take the pressure!.........i cannot see a player at all!...........watch him get a hatrick on tuesday!:lol:

They could ofcourse, but it looks more like a side thats settled into a nice groove with goals for fun , a la Luton, who also started sloppily
Luton were starting in a new league after promotion and never lost their first 3 games. Peterboro are experienced at this level and lost 3 in a row scoring once. Now they've done well, but their squad is thin and they will need to keep their main players without niggles and injuries to maintain contact. They are notorious for falling away, and will sell their best players in January.

Plenty to worry about with will grigg........inside the box yesterday centraly nobody near him ,loads of time and were 3:1 up and he passes the ball back to their goalkeeper. fekking shocking ..His head has gone! ,He cannot take the pressure!.........i cannot see a player at all!...........watch him get a hatrick on tuesday!:lol:

Intetesting way to get a dig in about Will Grigg i will give you that

You don't understand what I'm trying to say?

My point was that although we are only 5th top, the season we broke the record for number of points gained, we were third top at this stage of the season. Mid September. 7 games played.

Not being top right now is not a disaster.

We are in the mix.

2 of our starting line up today were playing for us at Burton on 15th September 2018 (a year ago tomorrow). We'll get better as the team gels, no?

We didn't get better as we gelled last year. There's also an argument that one of the reasons there's been so many changes since then is because we've weakened our squad.

Luton were starting in a new league after promotion and never lost their first 3 games. Peterboro are experienced at this level and lost 3 in a row scoring once. Now they've done well, but their squad is thin and they will need to keep their main players without niggles and injuries to maintain contact. They are notorious for falling away, and will sell their best players in January.

Agree they'll have to spend to maintain anything. They did their business early this Summer and in the right manner. Will be interesting to see if they spend in Jan. Injuries, as you say could be the key. One of the 3 games they lost was the league cup at Oxford.

Agree they'll have to spend to maintain anything. They did their business early this Summer and in the right manner. Will be interesting to see if they spend in Jan. Injuries, as you say could be the key. One of the 3 games they lost was the league cup at Oxford.
Another one of the three games they lost was also at Oxford, but in the League. Oxford are a League one club. Whereas one of the clean sheets you claimed for Peterboro was against the lowly L2 Northampton, but you were happy to claim it.
Peterboro have some useful players, but will prone to any injuries as stated, and are always inconsistent, but then thats L1 standard players.

Another one of the three games they lost was also at Oxford, but in the League. Oxford are a League one club. Whereas one of the clean sheets you claimed for Peterboro was against the lowly L2 Northampton, but you were happy to claim it.
Peterboro have some useful players, but will prone to any injuries as stated, and are always inconsistent, but then thats L1 standard players.

We will have to see how it unfolds. I just think they have better attacking options than last season. The notion that a team always fades is all well and good, if they get the injuries and don't bulk the squad. We don't know what will happen yet. It's a bit like people saying we will never win at Wembley :( There's always a chance to put that right. As for the 3 defeats, yes they lost to Oxford who looked decent at our place this season and last (also at theirs), but I thought you were referring to league form. We are all league one teams. Our squad is laced with league one players.

I hope your prediction is correct.

Last edited:
We have comfortably the best squad in the league, whatever the Portsmouth and Coventry fans in here think. No excuses. The fact I’m not remotely confident about promotion lies with the manager.
I have seen absolutely nothing in the last 14 months to suggest our players are of a higher standard than many other teams in this division.

I have seen absolutely nothing in the last 14 months to suggest our players are of a higher standard than many other teams in this division.
The fact we have the most players with international experience, most players who’ve played in the top 2 tiers, players who have been cornerstone in the last 4 years in successful promoted sides at this level .... suggests it’s the managers fault. You are right, we don’t, Rochdale whose wage bill is one eighth of ours played a better style of football than us. Went wrong on Saturday for them but you could cite other examples, we don’t look much better than Accrington. We should be winning games comfortably at this level, not relying on McLaughlin and McGeady to bail us out.

The fact we have the most players with international experience, most players who’ve played in the top 2 tiers, players who have been cornerstone in the last 4 years in successful promoted sides at this level .... suggests it’s the managers fault. You are right, we don’t, Rochdale whose wage bill is one eighth of ours played a better style of football than us. Went wrong on Saturday for them but you could cite other examples, we don’t look much better than Accrington. We should be winning games comfortably at this level, not relying on McLaughlin and McGeady to bail us out.
Appreciate the point, but what players have done in the past means nowt to me now, and international caps mean absolutely nothing to me either (Darron Gibson?). I almost hope Ross is sacked to see if someone else can come in and suddenly transform these players into a dominant force some believe they should be at this level. Don’t see it myself. I didn’t see it 2 years ago either when this board was wick with posters telling us that the squad was way too good to get relegated from the championship, when it was clearly the worst squad in the clubs history (to that point!).

It’s a long season. 3-1 up, conserve energy, attack again if they get one back. No complaints here.

Going 1-0 up and sitting back, that’s where it’s a problem. 2 goal cushion and doing it is fine IMO
Conserve energy? Isnt it a well.known fact that teams who sit back get tired a lot quicker than a team that has the ball?

Appreciate the point, but what players have done in the past means nowt to me now, and international caps mean absolutely nothing to me either (Darron Gibson?). I almost hope Ross is sacked to see if someone else can come in and suddenly transform these players into a dominant force some believe they should be at this level. Don’t see it myself. I didn’t see it 2 years ago either when this board was wick with posters telling us that the squad was way too good to get relegated from the championship, when it was clearly the worst squad in the clubs history (to that point!).
Will Grigg has scored 20+ goals in 3 of his last 4 seasons at this level, Max Power was a cornerstone player in a Wigan side that got promoted, international calibrate suggests being more than just mediocre league players. Willis was very good at Coventry, C.Mclaughlin best player for a Fleetwood side that finished 3rd 3 years ago, Leadbitter got championship games for a play off side season before last, McGeouch has very high stock in Scotland .... we comfortably have the best squad in the league. We could field a second 11 that is probably better than 17 of the 23 club’s strongest 11.

Back