Todays results

That’s the managers job though which is my point, we never look confident other than in the first few games last season ......
I think most fans realise Ross is not the manager for us. Watching his persona on the touchline I just cant imagine him giving a bollocking or a stirring speach in the dressing room.

Yeah we are.

In 1998 we were 3rd top on September 12th and went on to finish top by 18 points.

Not being top in September is nothing to cry about.

So your point is we were third top of the Championship on an arbitrary date and mine is that we are 5th in League One now. Case closed. Glad that’s sorted.

You'll be thereabouts re: autos - keeping McNulty (Happy Birthday) fit will be important. Peterborough rely on Maddison and Toney (if they stay fit, I think they will pinch one of the auto places) Rotherham will climb the league and our lot should be in the play offs (and will improve if we can get our players back from injury). Don't see a Luton equivalent this season (except potentially Posh)

12th September.

It's 14th September today.

What do you mean by arbitrary?

I think this conversation is going to be the equivalent of wrestling with a pig so no point replying any more. As the saying goes “never wrestle with a pig because the pig quite likes it and you’ll end up covered in shite”.

I didn’t say we had.

I’m saying that some people expect and demand it just because the league is shit.
If you look at our squad I think fans have every right to expect to have battered a team once in the last season and a half. This league is shit, and we're aiming to win it right? Winners punish the worst teams in the league normally. That's what a confident team does once in a while.

Last edited:
I think this conversation is going to be the equivalent of wrestling with a pig so no point replying any more. As the saying goes “never wrestle with a pig because the pig quite likes it and you’ll end up covered in shite”.

You don't understand what I'm trying to say?

My point was that although we are only 5th top, the season we broke the record for number of points gained, we were third top at this stage of the season. Mid September. 7 games played.

Not being top right now is not a disaster.

We are in the mix.

2 of our starting line up today were playing for us at Burton on 15th September 2018 (a year ago tomorrow). We'll get better as the team gels, no?

It could easily of been 2-2 when they hit the bar tbf.

I think the result shouldnt get in the way of the bigger picture though. We should of absolutely walked all over them today, they’re absolutely awful. Yet, we were sitting back at 3-1 as we couldn’t move through the gears against a team that I reckon is destined to be relegated.
It was boring, but the game was already won.

Blind delusion tbh . We’re still not very good at all.

2 points from top with a game hand isn't really delusional to suggest we could win the league considering we could have immense funds available come Januray to see us home.

If we were bottom half and struggling then fair comment but we're on the right track after an iffy couple of games.

We've lost one so far, Luton and Barnsley lost 6 each last season so we have a bit of breathing space although plenty think losing a game is an imprisonment in the Tower of London offence.

Back