Todays results

Will Grigg has scored 20+ goals in 3 of his last 4 seasons at this level, Max Power was a cornerstone player in a Wigan side that got promoted, international calibrate suggests being more than just mediocre league players. Willis was very good at Coventry, C.Mclaughlin best player for a Fleetwood side that finished 3rd 3 years ago, Leadbitter got championship games for a play off side season before last, McGeouch has very high stock in Scotland .... we comfortably have the best squad in the league. We could field a second 11 that is probably better than 17 of the 23 club’s strongest 11.
Thanks for your reply again. Hard for me to comment on the players recently signed as I have only been able to get to one game this season due to hols and a wedding. My opinion is based on last season where we dominated a grand total of 3 games at home (Scunthorpe, Rochdale and Doncaster). I cannot accept that this lack of domination over supposedly inferior players is solely down to incompetence from the manager. If our players were so much better than the opposition, that would reflect itself regardless of tactics and systems. I mentioned this on another thread already, but match thread yesterday was all about our lack of pace and inability to pass a football. Is that the manager’s fault? Listen, I’m not particularly hugely pro Ross, but I am pig sick of constantly changing managers and our fans overestimating the quality of our players. Peace.

Back