Today is the day

you are kidding right????

this isn’t like buying a tin of beans for goodness sake

I was personally involved in a deal that took over 2 years to complete. It was never seriously in doubt, simply complex and the DD was done properly

Well, time will tell and we'll see if it's on or off. Someone will look rather silly, one way or another...

We are a big League One club linked with (mainly quite young) League One or smaller Championship clubs’ managers, and giving one of our club legends his first manager job (after he’s spent 5 years as an assistant in the top 2 divisions). Not sure how that means the takeover is off, it’s standard tactic for a big League One club I would have thought.

Last week any fucker must be better than Jack Ross. This week apparently that meant as long as they had only ever managed in the top flight and top end of the Championship.

Have you got a lot of experience with takeovers?

I've not been near anything Corporate Finance related for more than a decade, but I remember the monthly all staff meetings where I did my accountancy training and the Corporate Finance team could be giving an update on the same takeover for 2 or 3 meetings in a row so I always assumed that big deals took a long time to complete.

Well, thanks for the CV mate. Maybe get onto SD, he may need your help to get it over the line!

Methven is denying it was a takeover. Right, that’s why MSD set up the holding company...

That in isolation should be enough evidence that either something has changed dramatically and they’re embarrassed and backtracking, or it’s collapsed altogether.

I was so sure this was happening, now I’m as convinced it’s all fallen through.

This is all speculation from me, but could the whole delay of the “take over” be over the “investors” trying to buyout Methven and Donald? And the collapse is over Methven and Donald wanting to keep shares in the club?

Also...there seems to be a few distressed clubs at the moment...I wonder how tough and profitable it would be to buy these distressed clubs and sell them? And how much regulation there is in place to protect clubs from shady business deals?

Back