To the meat eaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not fully veggie, but the surfer family don't eat meat regularly. Breakfasts and lunches are usually meat-free and probably 5 out of 7 evening meals in a week. I don't talk about our reduced-meat eating to people as it is simply how we live. We eat really good tasting food, that's healthy. My mate is a tremendous fisherman and he's out catching stuff every day on his kayak, so we grab a kilo or two of fresh mackerel, snapper or flat-head off him now and then, but we usually only have 150-200g serves each. Once you've had fish like that it's pretty difficult to put up with the shite they sell in shops, so we don't bother.

This morning, our youngest, who's 6, asked for a bowl of chickpeas with lemon dressing, a sheet of seaweed and toast with miso-paste. Much tastier than the shite I grew up eating. Both our girls would gan nuts if we didn't serve them a salad with dressing and olives every day.

Saying all that, we do eat meat now and then, but we've got a great farmers market in the local school so you know exactly where the meat's come from. Costs a bit more, but we don't eat much of it, so we're ahead $$.

She has probably rang childline that often she has esther rantzens number in your friends and family discount list

Very, very small amounts, to the point where it makes no difference really.
I just look at the effeminate Japanese and Koreans who have high soya intake and can see a correlation. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back