TLOU 2 *Spoilers Galore* Only read if completed!

Really enjoyed this, but made the mistake of doing the final bit when we came in from the pub on Sunday neet so cannit really remember the ending properly
might have to do the last chapter again
overall though fantastic game, difficulty was definitely easier than the first one. Was on the edge of my seat for the whole of the playthrough

Did it again. Wow
I was wanting Abby to win in the fight at the end even though I was controlling Ellie

Never get the complaints about a game being too long, like. Never hear folk say that about open world games which seem to be de rigeur these days.

Perfect length and never felt dragged on. I did it in about 25 hours but pretty sure I could do new game + in 16/17 without exploring.

They could have dragged out the Santa Barbara chapters but that would have probably felt like extending the game for the sake of it like most games tend to do. Never once* thought to myself "I wish this would hurry up and just end"

*Ground Zero excluded for different reasons

Never get the complaints about a game being too long, like. Never hear folk say that about open world games which seem to be de rigeur these days.
I think I'm a bit tired of massive open world games atm anyway, it's been a while since I've stuck with one properly. The last one was probably RDR2. I suppose I like the idea of a big open world when I first start, maybes I just don't have the attention span.

Me too. :lol: I was holding back, hoping the game would allow me a choice and progress without slicing Abby to bits. Glad, in the end, it didn't force you to kill her.

I got killed a couple times in that fight when I just waited instead of attacking Abby.
Perfect length and never felt dragged on. I did it in about 25 hours but pretty sure I could do new game + in 16/17 without exploring.

They could have dragged out the Santa Barbara chapters but that would have probably felt like extending the game for the sake of it like most games tend to do. Never once* thought to myself "I wish this would hurry up and just end"

*Ground Zero excluded for different reasons

Maybe they could have ended the game with them all happy on the farm, but that's not what they wanted to do.

Last edited:
I got killed a couple times in that fight when I just waited instead of attacking Abby.

Maybe they could have ended the game with them all happy on the farm, but that's not what they wanted to do.

I'm hoping the end was leaving it open for a 3rd. Ellie's is still kind of open with Dena doing a runner and Abby (and Lev) is definitely open for a 3rd. Wishful thinking perhaps

I'm hoping the end was leaving it open for a 3rd. Ellie's is still kind of open with Dena doing a runner and Abby (and Lev) is definitely open for a 3rd. Wishful thinking perhaps

I reckon they'll do a third as the 2nd sold well. Could have all different characters in that world if they wanted but I do think they'd stick with Ellie at least.

Just finished in 29 hours.

Not enjoyed a game that much since the original Mafia nearly 20 years ago. That was a 10/10, this was so close to a 10, but gotta knock half a point off for those slightly irritating scraps between Ellie and Abbie towards the end.

Brilliant story telling, cinematics / graphics top notch, great use of sound, excellent storytelling, overall the game was immersive as fcuk and a true masterpiece. 9.5/10.

The gameplay, graphics, animations, cutscenes were all top notch which I think were all to be expected.

I don't get the knockers of the story, maybe they are out of their comfort zones not having clear cut goodies v baddies in such a violent game.

I thought it was brilliant. Well developed and complicated relationships and of course the suspense of wondering how the fvck was it going to end. Which might be a bit of a double edged sword regarding replayability.

Very happy for people who obviously thought it was great and whilst I enjoyed it, I didn’t get the same from it.

The cinematic scenes were just too long imo and it disrupted the fluency (appreciate they come with the territory).

Back