TLOU 2 *Spoilers Galore* Only read if completed!

LadyMuck

Striker
Okay...we need to talk...

Sorry, I felt a thread which can be openly discussed was needed.

Clocking in at 28 hours, I am done. And I am emotional!!

When I watched Abby kill Joel, I couldn’t wait to avenge his death. But then the more I played as Abby, the more I really grew to love her. So I really didn’t want Ellie to kill her at the end, and thankfully I got the best ending I could have hoped for. I was even teary!

What an amazing journey that was!

What’s other people’s thoughts on the ending? And the game itself? Any best bits? Any worst bits? Any gripes? Any other cryers at the end?

when ya hold the cursor over the thread title it shows the star of the thread, maybe put the first post in spoilers brackets?
For me the story wasn't as good as the first but still good. I would have preferred more Joel but that wasn't the story they wanted to tell. I think their purpose was to put across that there's no good or evil, just people trying to survive with their group by any means necessary. I also thought the last couple hours were a real slog once Ellie got back on the trail of Abby. I suppose Naughty Dog wanted to show that she wasn't immune to the dangers of the world either.

I thoroughly enjoyed the combat and stealth gameplay, it really makes you fell the stress. Also I just love wandering around that world. There's something about nature taking over manmade structures that seems scenic to me.

There seemed way more ammo and parts compared to the first game which made encounters a bit easier. The bloaters and shamblers were much easier to take down in the sequel. That thing in the Hospital was canny hard and then the little shit that split off could take all sorts of damage before dying.

The graphics and amount of animations are always god level compared to everyone except maybe Rockstar.

I'd give it a 9/10. God of War is still my game of the generation.

Last edited:
Let’s hope my title keeps away the hovering mouses!

Good post @payne - I agree with the most part for sure.

The more I played as Abby, the more I realised she was a actually a good person. She was just simply surviving in any way she could. I was rooting for her in every respect. I was genuinely uncomfortable playing as Ellie in the end and having to fight Abby to the death. I never ever thought I’d not want to be Ellie. But they did an amazing job of making your feelings switch. That is quite f***ing something considering the loyalty to Ellie from fans in the first game - myself included.

I enjoyed the descent. That was fun! And I enjoyed the flashback with Joel when we went in the rocket - but that’s because I’m a soft shite and I love Joel.
But that f***ing thing at the bottom of the hospital was indeed a massive pain in the arse! I was running round like a headless chicken for most part!!

Loved the increased amount of stealth too. That’s my playing style anyway so it’s always a winner for me.

I still haven’t read any of the bad reviews and I can’t even think what people are complaining about. It was simply outstanding.

But this is my game of the decade. There...I’ve said it. Don’t even try and change my mind!!!

Okay...we need to talk...

Sorry, I felt a thread which can be openly discussed was needed.

Clocking in at 28 hours, I am done. And I am emotional!!

When I watched Abby kill Joel, I couldn’t wait to avenge his death. But then the more I played as Abby, the more I really grew to love her. So I really didn’t want Ellie to kill her at the end, and thankfully I got the best ending I could have hoped for. I was even teary!

What an amazing journey that was!

What’s other people’s thoughts on the ending? And the game itself? Any best bits? Any worst bits? Any gripes? Any other cryers at the end?

Still pissed off towards abby at the end, was still hoping Elle would get her revenge. Her story enjoyable that it was changed nothing.

Great game mind. Wish there was a factions though.

The sickle one on one fight at the end of the island/village escape 😲😲😲😲.

Still pissed off towards abby at the end, was still hoping Elle would get her revenge. Her story enjoyable that it was changed nothing.

Abby was more in the right than Ellie and Joel were imo. I get that Joel lost Sarah and everything but it was completely selfish of him to fight for Ellie's life, she even says so herself.

Abby was more in the right than Ellie and Joel were imo. I get that Joel lost Sarah and everything but it was completely selfish of him to fight for Ellie's life, she even says so herself.

Agreed and if I was abbey I would want revenge but I liked Joels character and wanted to get virtual revenge.

I think neither of them deserved to die though, so I was pleased with the outcome. And who would mess with Abby and those biceps!! 😳

Ha...I died a few times during that fight. Got caught out when he did a triple swing. The bastard!

Very good game, some of the corny bits took too long.

Preferred Abby in the end.

How do you find out how long you’ve spent on the game?

Very good game, some of the corny bits took too long.

Preferred Abby in the end.

How do you find out how long you’ve spent on the game?
Try and make a manual save from the menu, maybe? I saw my playtime once and forgot how to do it (and wasn't that bothered about it anyway), but I think that's the way.

Totally messed up my saved game I think. Done the first game on hard so it was ready for a new game plus on surviver when I could be arsed.

Realised I had missed out a safe and workbench in the Seattle day 2 and wanted my trophies. Loaded the relevant chapter to get my trophies. But now it seams I have lost my new game plus and can only continue from the chapter I replayed. Which is early in (from when you first meet the scars)

Have I messed it up or is this reversible?

They are making is as a standalone, or they were.

They are making is as a standalone, or they were.

Hopefully, I reckon they will do similar for the ps5 tlou2 remastered with the factions. Bloody loved the interrogation one on the first game. Was still playing it up to the other week when the second part game out.

Hopefully, I reckon they will do similar for the ps5 tlou2 remastered with the factions. Bloody loved the interrogation one on the first game. Was still playing it up to the other week when the second part game out.

I love a bit of interrogation but I’m most definitely a supply raid girl. What’s your favourite map? I think I’d have to choose Lakeside, though I do love a bit of check point aswell.

I never played it but heard good things. Only time I ever played muliplayer games was Command and Conquer - Tiberian Sun on PC 20 year ago.

I never played it but heard good things. Only time I ever played muliplayer games was Command and Conquer - Tiberian Sun on PC 20 year ago.

You’ve never played it? It’s f***ing brilliant mate. Been my addiction for years now. Give it a go!

Give it a go. It's great, I know some people prefer things like modern warfare as it's faster and the maps are bigger, but the slower bit for me is what makes it so good. It's more tactical. I was my first online game I ever played as I was a one player only gamer but once I played it I was addicted. I have tried other online games and go straight back to the last of us.
I love a bit of interrogation but I’m most definitely a supply raid girl. What’s your favourite map? I think I’d have to choose Lakeside, though I do love a bit of check point aswell.

Lakeside as well I think. Although point wise I always seem to do better on the water tower and hometown? I hate the bookstore I do shit everytime I'm on it and everybody always picks it.

Last edited:
Give it a go. It's great, I know some people prefer things like modern warfare as it's faster and the maps are bigger, but the slower bit for me is what makes it so good. It's more tactical. I was my first online game I ever played as I was a one player only gamer but once I played it I was addicted. I have tried other online games and go straight back to the last of us.

Lakeside as well I think. Although point wise I always seem to do better on the water tower and hometown? I hate the bookstore I do shit everytime I'm on it and everybody always picks it.

Ha...I am exactly the same on bookstore aswell. I hate it!!
I know every nook and cranny of every map though and know just where to store my bombs. Gets them every time! 😎

Ha...I am exactly the same on bookstore aswell. I hate it!!
I know every nook and cranny of every map though and know just where to store my bombs. Gets them every time! 😎

After messing up my saved game on tlou2 and all this talk of the faction malarky, I have ended up back on it. I don't dare look at the time spent on this.

After messing up my saved game on tlou2 and all this talk of the faction malarky, I have ended up back on it. I don't dare look at the time spent on this.

Once I’ve emotionally recovered, I can see me starting it again. And I bet I die in the exact same places. I never learn 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Back