Tirana and Skopje...... anyone visited ?

Luna17

Winger
Quite fancy a mini tour of the Southern Balkans, so would be interested in hearing if anyone has been and reading comments.

Do any of the low budget airlines go there ? I understand Ryans go to Sofia and Bucharest, but how about these 2 cities, Tirana /Skopje ?

We stayed in Skopje for a few nights. Really enjoyed it, cheap drink, good food and few things to do.

We flew to Thessaloniki then got the bus to Skopje. Would highly recommend Thessaloniki for a few nights as well. We went to prizren in Kosovo (nothing really there) then ended up at lake ohrid. That was a lovely place, nice and relaxing. Flew back from ohrid to Luton via Wizzair

Quite fancy a mini tour of the Southern Balkans, so would be interested in hearing if anyone has been and reading comments.

Do any of the low budget airlines go there ? I understand Ryans go to Sofia and Bucharest, but how about these 2 cities, Tirana /Skopje ?

Never been, will be interested to hear what they're like. Was once talking to an Australian waiting for a bus in Belgrade/Sarajevo and he said Skopje is the strangest place he'd ever been, and he'd been around the world. I found Montenegro like that, really strange

Never been, will be interested to hear what they're like. Was once talking to an Australian waiting for a bus in Belgrade/Sarajevo and he said Skopje is the strangest place he'd ever been, and he'd been around the world. I found Montenegro like that, really strange

Just done a bit of Bosnia, fantastic.
Sarajevo was great and Mostar brilliant, but the "find" was Jacje.
Loved Ljubljana and Lake Bled/Vingtnar Gorge, whilst Plitvice Lakes outside Zagreb was outstandingly beautiful.

Just done a bit of Bosnia, fantastic.
Sarajevo was great and Mostar brilliant, but the "find" was Jacje.
Loved Ljubljana and Lake Bled/Vingtnar Gorge, whilst Plitvice Lakes outside Zagreb was outstandingly beautiful.

Sarajevo absolute gold of a place loved it. Also been to those lakes. Did you go to Zagreb? Great city as is Belgrade.

Sarajevo absolute gold of a place loved it. Also been to those lakes. Did you go to Zagreb? Great city as is Belgrade.

Yeah, what a fab city. We went to see Dinamo play a team I'd never heard of - Belepo or something, and there was only about 5000 there. The 300 ultras sang all game but it was a, strange experience.
My pal went to the 'Museum of Broken Relationships' and said it was brilliant.
The only blemish was watching the skunks win 1 nil in a cracking sports bar just off the main drag.

Been to Skopje twice, 2009 and 2013, the difference was staggering, great strip of bars on the river, 50p a beer, weather was mint people were canny and the food decent.
Never done any touristy stuff as I was there for football.
Done Tirana earlier this year, didn’t really have anything against it, just one of those dull capital cities, beer prices were ok and similar for food.

Doing them both next month.

Been to Tirana before so will do a side trip to Kruje this time then onto Prizren in Kosovo and Pristhina finally to Skopke.

£50 to Tirana BA from Gatwick then back from Skopje via Belgrade for £70 Air Sebia.

Fancied Lake Ohrid but too far out the way for this trip..

Last edited:
We stayed in Skopje for a few nights. Really enjoyed it, cheap drink, good food and few things to do.

We flew to Thessaloniki then got the bus to Skopje. Would highly recommend Thessaloniki for a few nights as well. We went to prizren in Kosovo (nothing really there) then ended up at lake ohrid. That was a lovely place, nice and relaxing. Flew back from ohrid to Luton via Wizzair

Can you get a train from scum land direct to Luton or do you have to change in London?

Back