Tips to improve your darts game...

you know when you’re playing a game or a sport or something and someone gives you a bit of advice that acts as an “ahaa!” moment where your game notches up instantly by 5 or 10 percent?
What’s the tip to notch a novices darts game up to the next level?
I’ve never hit a 180 before but can drill a few 140’s in over time.. where to go from here?
Make sure you have the darts that suit you. You might think you have them now but they may be too light or heavy or the wrong thickness/grip.
I used to play darts with a small barrel, around 26 grams and was ok with them. I borrowed some darts one night and found they were way better than mine. A slimmer barrel and a bit longer and 2 grams less.

Obviously that's just one thing and the other is what Barnacle Boy said. Practice practice practice.

I've seen many a person over time practice with us and was basically useless. Then some of them have practiced and ended up on the team.
Find your throwing stance....make sure your darts suit your throw and practice.
Ohhh...and it helps massively if you can be sharp at the count and know your finishes because a rhythm without stalling can massively enhance your game.

I use an app called Darts Scoreboard that lets you play against an AI opponent, you can choose the difficulty so you're always improving.

Simple but works for me, find the practice routines dull as fuck.

I bought a new set of darts as I misplaced my other ones, after 30 minutes practice I got my first 180.
Found my old darts, never had a maximum with them, reverted back to my new ones and got another within 30 minutes again.
Although this was when I had a board in my garage, it's been a kitchen for about 7 years.

The new ones were lighter and thinner, not sure if that was the key.

I’m shit at darts. I’m amazing at throwing wet cotton wool into a bin across the room, but I’m somehow unable to translate that to the old arrows.

Increase your alcohol limit if want to throw like an athlete you need to train like one. Or bring the dark board closer.

I was in a job once we spent ten hours a day three days a week playing darts. Got a little better but still really shit

Practice game called Bobs 27 really helps with your doubles. Start with 27 points and have 3 darts at double 1. For every double you hit add that score to your points ( 1 double would be 2 points) If you miss all 3 subtract the number of the double from your score.( 3 misses at double 2 subtract 2) Always have 3 darts at the double before moving on. Carry on playing until you reach 0 or you hit them all and get a new high score.

Back