Tipping Point

Accepted mate, but she wasn't too hot with the brainbox, Ben virtually led her to her last answer & most people know darts are 'legs'. If it was me on there & the question had been spell "imbecile" I would've got it wrong!! DUHHHH

Anyway, England playing canny & I've now learned that Ipswich is on the river Orwell👍👍👍👍👍
:lol: Every day is a school day on here man.

He more or less told her the answer to the last question. "It's not Anne Widdecombe. And your instinct says Sarah Wollaston. But your instinct has been WRONG all afternoon, so ....."

The show's pretty crap when they get the categories wrong and few counters go in. I think Ben realises that as well so he gave her a hint.
There's something else that really annoys me on that show and todays was a perfect example. When they have only two or three counters left, the jackpot counter is nowhere near yet they still keep going after it. The girl today could have had a few hundred more quid if she'd put the last counters in zone 2. There was a double near the edge as well.
Can't they work out that if it's going to take at least three or four counters to push the jackpot over and they've only got two left what's the point in chasing it? Ben should give advice about maybe going for a zone with more money in it. I can guess why he doesn't though
Also if you get the 10k prize you should keep the money you've built up as well. Rant over.

The show's pretty crap when they get the categories wrong and few counters go in. I think Ben realises that as well so he gave her a hint.
There's something else that really annoys me on that show and todays was a perfect example. When they have only two or three counters left, the jackpot counter is nowhere near yet they still keep going after it. The girl today could have had a few hundred more quid if she'd put the last counters in zone 2. There was a double near the edge as well.
Can't they work out that if it's going to take at least three or four counters to push the jackpot over and they've only got two left what's the point in chasing it? Ben should give advice about maybe going for a zone with more money in it. I can guess why he doesn't though
Also if you get the 10k prize you should keep the money you've built up as well. Rant over.
I think the early one's knocked out should keep their coin, I don't think they do though. What's maybe £100, then £300, then £1k to bloody ITV - nowt

I think the early one's knocked out should keep their coin, I don't think they do though. What's maybe £100, then £300, then £1k to bloody ITV - nowt
Yes that's something I've thought as well. The only problem with that is you could have the winner gamble at the end, lose the gamble and win nothing. You'd then have the losers getting more than the winner.
I think they should increase the value of the counters from £50 to £100. Increase the jackpot as well.

Yes that's something I've thought as well. The only problem with that is you could have the winner gamble at the end, lose the gamble and win nothing. You'd then have the losers getting more than the winner.
I think they should increase the value of the counters from £50 to £100. Increase the jackpot as well.
And have a couple of counters with skull & crossbones ☠️ which wipes out anything you’ve gained and resets you to £0.

And have a couple of counters with skull & crossbones ☠ which wipes out anything you’ve gained and resets you to £0.
:lol: Hmm, I'm not too sure about that. Maybe put some packets of swizzles, a couple of watches and a few packets of fags in there. Rig the machine so the counter gets stuck or just mysteriously disappears. Then have some miserable bloke tell the contestant to do one when he complains. Get that real gypo fairground feel going.

Accepted mate, but she wasn't too hot with the brainbox, Ben virtually led her to her last answer & most people know darts are 'legs'. If it was me on there & the question had been spell "imbecile" I would've got it wrong!! DUHHHH

Anyway, England playing canny & I've now learned that Ipswich is on the river Orwell👍👍👍👍👍
I'd say most people have never watched darts, or seen enough of it to know it's in legs. Do you expect people to have similar knowledge about bowls? Most people probably don't know that there are two types of outdoor bowls.

The bit that annoys me most is when the jackpot counter is between two zones and they absolutely insist in putting it in the zone they started with rather than trying the other zone.

Other peeve is the contestants constantly sticking counters in one zone when the counters in another zone are on their knees begging to be pushed over the edge. It makes me wonder if their view is obstructed.

Next peeve is sending the losing contestants home with nothing. Most only have a few hundred, if that, surely they could let them take the money they did win home with them. Or give it to the contestant in that round with the highest amount.

Agree with giving the winner the money they earned on top of the ten thousand. Some have won up to five thousand then drop the jackpot counter and get just ten so they are really only winning five thousand and they earned five thousand. If the jackpot counter is worth ten thousand then pay it on top of what they won.

But it’s the winners choice to gamble isn’t it? If they lose the gamble and all their winnings that’s not the fault of the other contestants.

Last edited:

Back