Tinnitus

Me, and it’s getting worse. I have about 4 or 5 different high pitch tones in my head at all times. I didn’t used to be able to hear them until the background noise was low but now I hear them all the time, it gets me down now and again.

I sleep with headphones in.

It's pretty disappointing that a disease as debilitating as tinutus is no nearer a cure now than it ever was. I've been looking into cochlea implants as a possibility to the hearing loss and tinutus and although there have been some promising studies done, there is clear clinical evidence that it will work.

Good luck. I guess you try the white noise and music apps for tinnitus already?

Nighttime is the worst, it’s just all encompassing and no escape ☹
I don’t mate I do listen to podcasts before I go to kip that seems to help
I’ve had it 6 months and I’m learning to live with it , but some days especially with the cold weather it don’t half do my head in,
Still there’s always some sod worse off than yourself

Mine is like a washing machine on full spin in my left ear. Head colds make it 1000 times worse. I struggle to hear people in a crowded environment as the sounds all tend to merge together. If I’m in a busy pub I’ll sit with me back to a wall so the sounds bounce back so I can hear conversations better.
night time I’ve got a desk fan going all night long as that seems to match the pitch.

I suffer with it....thankfully not too often.
Had loads of bother with my hearing over the years. Had several operations with the grommets inserted...they generally work for a bit then back to square one. Hearing aids are on the horizon...

I suffer with it....thankfully not too often.
Had loads of bother with my hearing over the years. Had several operations with the grommets inserted...they generally work for a bit then back to square one. Hearing aids are on the horizon...
Don't get too excited about the hearing aids mate. In a small minority of situations they are effective, but in many others they make things even worse.

I tried phoning the tinnitus helpline but it just kept ringing.

Mine is more like a droning noise, fortunately it is intermittent otherwise I don't think I could live with it.

Back