Tinnitus

I’ve had tinnitus every second of every day since I saw Led Zeppelin at the Mecca, and that was a long time ago. I’ve also had exacerbated tinnitus due to lanrynthitis and they are two different things. The noise-induced tinnitus has no cure, the labrynthitis one can gradually ease but it can take months or years.

There are some fairly strong anti-nausea pills that could be prescribed, and sometime even travel sickness pills can help to some extent. If the tinnitus is still prevalent long after the labrynthitis has eased, you could try to have any wax cleared and also try some of the balance exercises you see on the internet. There’s not much you can do quickly but time may well help.

I’ve had tinnitus every second of every day since I saw Led Zeppelin at the Mecca, and that was a long time ago. I’ve also had exacerbated tinnitus due to lanrynthitis and they are two different things. The noise-induced tinnitus has no cure, the labrynthitis one can gradually ease but it can take months or years.

There are some fairly strong anti-nausea pills that could be prescribed, and sometime even travel sickness pills can help to some extent. If the tinnitus is still prevalent long after the labrynthitis has eased, you could try to have any wax cleared and also try some of the balance exercises you see on the internet. There’s not much you can do quickly but time may well help.
Clay pigeon shoot did for me, just once in a field with a group of blokes and nobody was wearing ear defence so I didn't.

16 years ago now and not one second goes by without the high pitch whine in both ears.

Acute acoustic trauma the doctors at ENT said, and although very sympathetic they left me in no doubt that there was nothing that could be done and I would have to learn to live with it.

If I could go back to one day in my life and change something, this would be it.

I was diagnosed with tinnitus a few months back. One ear, constant ringing like a machine lathe - or a glass ringing, going round and round. Bloody nightmare, especially at night without background noise. Hospital and the docs have been useless and I was told to practice mindfulness - which is the GPs way of saying they have no idea how to treat you. You have my sincere sympathies.

I've suffered tinnitus for years too. Couple of months ago I woke up in the middle of the night hearing what I can only describe as a generator, I even got up and looked out the window to see if temporary traffic lights or something had been installed - nothing. Then I was blaming the neighbours. Took me a couple of days to accept it was my tinnitus moving onto a new level. Never thought about a hearing aid alleviating the noise (above) so I'll probably look into that.
I was convinced I could hear the broadband, many years ago when we first had it installed! Mrs (no) convinced me I either had a hearing issue or possibly was going mad! Little chips, whirs & whines all evening. Eventually she shut up, after I went to the GP

Go to Doc’s. Demand a referral to audiology. Get a hearing aid. Pay for a decent one if necessary. My tinnitus is like a washing machine on high spin. And if I haven’t got a wall behind me in a pub to bounce sounds off, I can’t hear conversations. Reckon I’ll need an aid in next 10 years.
Glue ear as a nipper apparently.

Back