Tinnitus

Mindfulness techniques didn’t help with me.

Counting in Spanish in my head. Stuff like that. Sometimes did.

An app by tmsoft of white noise (various sounds like rain, wind, airplane hums, birds tweeting I found unhelpful but ‘violet noise’ worked for me)

All to help with sleep. It gets worse at night when the brain is less able to ‘habitualise’

Staying calm and not focusing on it is key : which I know is unhelpful because how can you try not to try. But time helps. And staying calm when it occasionally gets worse. Because it will pass.

It’s worse now because I’m thinking about it.

Say again :idea: :lol:

Btw i have it so i can laugh.

I have it too - getting worse, especially in my left ear, which is perforated. 'Say again' is my stock reply to most things these days - it annoys me so it must annoy the people I am talking to. I am thinking about trying the small hearing aids. Anyone have any experience of trying those?

I have it too - getting worse, especially in my left ear, which is perforated. 'Say again' is my stock reply to most things these days - it annoys me so it must annoy the people I am talking to. I am thinking about trying the small hearing aids. Anyone have any experience of trying those?
Yep half my vocabulary is saying you what or say again, Had a hearing aid mid 80's style & soon ditched that :eek: , I am sure there a very good hearing aids out there now probally with bluetooth & Alexa. ;)

Think I have it, in fact think I’ve had it for as long as I can remember but never been diagnosed. Just reading that lads post on here I wonder if my son has it because he’s not the most responsive to noise.

Yep half my vocabulary is saying you what or say again, Had a hearing aid mid 80's style & soon ditched that :eek: , I am sure there a very good hearing aids out there now probally with bluetooth & Alexa. ;)

I get what you are saying. It is bad enough getting old without a massive hearing aid too. If they are discreet or hidden I might be tempted. It is starting to get in the way a bit now - any background noise and I can't hear to have a conversation and I just withdraw into myself. Need to do something now I reckon. Might call the docs tomorrow.

I get what you are saying. It is bad enough getting old without a massive hearing aid too. If they are discreet or hidden I might be tempted. It is starting to get in the way a bit now - any background noise and I can't hear to have a conversation and I just withdraw into myself. Need to do something now I reckon. Might call the docs tomorrow.
Yep i cannot hear anyone when there is music on in the background, Doesn't have to be very loud, I just persevere with it as i have had it so long, But good on ya to see the Doc. ;)

Not personally but my Mrs suffered permanent sudden hearing loss in one ear about 4 months ago. She has got the small hearing aids with an amplifier on one side and says they are brilliant. They are mini computers and can be refined to the individuals requirements i.e emphasising speech or reducing crackling etc. They do not cure tinnitus though. Unfortunately they are expensive too.

Mine has got so much worse lately, getting me down a lot. I can hear it above everything now, only used to be able to hear it at night.

Not personally but my Mrs suffered permanent sudden hearing loss in one ear about 4 months ago. She has got the small hearing aids with an amplifier on one side and says they are brilliant. They are mini computers and can be refined to the individuals requirements i.e emphasising speech or reducing crackling etc. They do not cure tinnitus though. Unfortunately they are expensive too.

Cheers marra - not expecting a cure but if I can get some kind of improvement that would be something. Yes they are pricey but will look to pay instalments on interest free.

It’s kicking off headaches at the moment, It’s pretty mental tbh.
Sounds a bit like my symptoms, I also get nausea with it. Been to two ENT consultants and a neurologist, had a MRI scan, they haven't got a clue what it is.

I suffer with it on and off. Right now it’s pretty bad. It’s two years since I had the wax sucked out of my ears but don’t think that wax is the problem at the moment.
Anyone got any ideas how to reduce tinnitus other than chopping my lugs off ?

You have my sympathy, I knew someone who had this and it nearly broke him as it drove him mad.
I hope you find a solution.

I have tinitus after screwing up an ear scuba diving.
Music going to sleep helps.

I also have adaptive hearing aids tuned to the frequencies I'm defective with. They don't help the tinitus but have reduced the 'Say Again" in my life.

Makes hearing conversation ppssipos with normal background noise. As mentioned though they are expensive.

Back