Tin Foil Hatter's- Anti Vaxer's

Anyone else found any friends or relatives not wanting the jab? I've got 2 mates both adamant they not having it. One's been on medication for years, got problems with his mobility related to his nervous system, he's basically housebound now. Over the last year he's been sending me some right old shit on WhatsApp, 5G conspiracy theories all the way to Covid & the vaccine, all of which I shot down in flames, but then he'll come back with more nonsense later, rinse & repeat, had him on mute for a bit, think he sensed I was ignoring him so he stopped & returned to normal crack, he really needs to get off the internet, lads in a bad place, mentally & health-wise, I'm not going to block him as he's been my mate for 40 years. Another m8 has had Covid, all his workmates have had it ( live in Kent) & his business partners dad nearly died. He thinks he's ok now as he's had Covid & won't get it again, he got offered the jab today & refused, he's also came out with some rubbish aswell about Covid & the vaccine. His mam is in a care home up here & he's been unable to see her since last summer, don't know if him refusing the vaccine will prevent him from seeing her in the future, just depends how the rules develop ? He's another mate of 40 years, I'm not going to bin him off either as we are pretty close.
I think he might change his mind if he's prevented from taking the kids on holiday abroad or seeing his mam?

As much as i have reservations about the concept, we're likely to arrive at vaccine passports of some description in the future. I'd imagine not being able to travel, or possibly even go to a gig / pub / restaurant etc.... may well change peoples minds.

Hend79

Central Defender
Some bellend was twisting on Facebook over the weekend about the vaccine not stopping you catching it and spreading it so he said he wouldnt be getting it as there is no point. But he just kept on repeating this when he was told it stops people getting seriously ill therefore stopping people going into hospital. He just couldnt get that into his head :lol:

arthursboy

Striker
My Mam's friend (late 70's) won't have it as she believes it's unsafe and believes the conspiracy theories. But if they say you do need it to go abroad on holiday, she'll have it then 🤷‍♀️
It seems to be a common state of mind.
Won’t have it because they believe it has a detrimental effect on people’s lives, yet if it’s required for a holiday then all the issues are pushed to one side so they can have fun in the sun.
Mad.

It seems to be a common state of mind.
Won’t have it because they believe it has a detrimental effect on people’s lives, yet if it’s required for a holiday then all the issues are pushed to one side so they can have fun in the sun.
Mad.
It's not really mad. It's just self-interest. No desire to help others but will do it when it benefits themselves.

haway

Striker
My partners mam is a total fruit loop in this and almost every other regard. Horrid and thick woman. 5G causes the virus... no it’s the Illuminati... no the virus is real but it’s just like flu... the virus is real but I won’t get a vaccine because it causes XYZ... no I won’t get the vaccine because it has a microchip... bill gates.

Also holds beliefs such as the Queen is a lizard, her mate can talk to aliens, is a level 2 reiki practitioner, regularly visits mediums and gets her astrology charts done.

Basically if you present a logical argument to her she will refute it. Usually because of “feelings” or her “senses”. If you present deranged ramblings she laps it up.

I used to find it somewhat amusing but have come to the view she is mentally unwell, has some form of personality disorder, is thick as a plank of wood and is more dangerous than she is amusing.

Im all for people holding weird beliefs and probably hold some myself, but the vaccine / covid stuff is lazy and indicative of being a total thicko.

The Truth

Midfield
My partners mam is a total fruit loop in this and almost every other regard. Horrid and thick woman. 5G causes the virus... no it’s the Illuminati... no the virus is real but it’s just like flu... the virus is real but I won’t get a vaccine because it causes XYZ... no I won’t get the vaccine because it has a microchip... bill gates.

Also holds beliefs such as the Queen is a lizard, her mate can talk to aliens, is a level 2 reiki practitioner, regularly visits mediums and gets her astrology charts done.

Basically if you present a logical argument to her she will refute it. Usually because of “feelings” or her “senses”. If you present deranged ramblings she laps it up.

I used to find it somewhat amusing but have come to the view she is mentally unwell, has some form of personality disorder, is thick as a plank of wood and is more dangerous than she is amusing.

Im all for people holding weird beliefs and probably hold some myself, but the vaccine / covid stuff is lazy and indicative of being a total thicko.
It's gonna be a knock out for you when she finds out the vaccine turns you into a homosexual :lol::lol::lol:

Hend79

Central Defender
Also I was questioned by our parcel delivery postman a couple of weekends (not our normal postman, hes a class bloke) on whether Id be getting the vaccine, when I said I would be he started asking me why when it hasnt been tested fully and that he didnt believe the virus was real as he didnt know anyone who had been affected. I just said well now you do as Ive been affected by it, he just looked at me and said "well it cant be that bad as you have made a full recovery", I just said well actually I still get the occasional breathing problems, my wife can still smell cigarette smoke wherever she goes so no we havent made a full 100% recovery. In the end I just said we would have to agree to disagree and I didnt want to have this kind of conversation with him again.

My tin foil hatter mate sent me a video by Mark Steele from Gateshead, he's a barking 5G conspiracy theorist, goes round with his little home made devices checking lamp posts & complaining to the council. Think most of his videos have been taken off You Tube as he's just nuts.
My tin foil hatter mate sent me a video by Mark Steele from Gateshead, he's a barking 5G conspiracy theorist, goes round with his little home made devices checking lamp posts & complaining to the council. Think most of his videos have been taken off You Tube as he's just nuts.
Gets a canny write up in the FT 🤣

Last edited:

Mickdundee

Winger
My wife’s grandad thinks it was created in a lab to reduce life expectancy and that the vaccine is going to kill him. We’ve given up trying to convince him.

There’s a prominent tin hatter around here, I used to play badminton with her and would have described her as eccentric but never expected full-on tinfoil hat attack! She’s been banned from most social media platforms now which means I don’t get to catch up with the entertainment any more. This video sums her up pretty well (she’s on the left):

She’s also the woman in this article:

Repswick

Winger
Also I was questioned by our parcel delivery postman a couple of weekends (not our normal postman, hes a class bloke) on whether Id be getting the vaccine, when I said I would be he started asking me why when it hasnt been tested fully and that he didnt believe the virus was real as he didnt know anyone who had been affected. I just said well now you do as Ive been affected by it, he just looked at me and said "well it cant be that bad as you have made a full recovery", I just said well actually I still get the occasional breathing problems, my wife can still smell cigarette smoke wherever she goes so no we havent made a full 100% recovery. In the end I just said we would have to agree to disagree and I didnt want to have this kind of conversation with him again.
So many people seem to have that attitude. “I’ve not seen it with my own eyes so I dont believe it”.
And usually it’s in tandem with thinking the vaccine isn’t fully tested and changes your dna or has a bill gates microchip in it.
Thankfully a small minority.

Horace Cope

Winger
I've asked quite a lot of friends and family this question and I'm surprised at how many say they won't be getting the vaccine. It's probably about 30 to 35% who I've asked who won't be getting it.

Surprisingly they aren't all from the same age range and some of them I'd have never put down as conspiracy nutters. A few of them had already been offered the vaccine and turned it down. The biggest driver for not getting it seems to be the speed at how quickly the vaccine has been developed. A lot of them have claimed there's no need to get a vaccine because COVID is a hoax designed to ruin small / medium businesses and the economy.

My favourite logic in not getting it was the vaccine was designed to help spread the virus and kill people to reduce the population :lol::lol::lol:. Their reasoning was it doesn't stop you catching it so apparently the vaccinated will be walking around carrying the virus while displaying no symptoms spreading it to the non vaccinated :lol::lol::lol: