Time travel question

[QUOTE="bigmarlon, post: 27802566, member: 42923" If you travel FTL then you become massless, if you're massless then things (particles) wouldn't affect you (I think). So a nuclear explosion would have no effect on you.

Any nerds feel free to correct me.[/QUOTE]

I thought if you got to light speed you'd have infinite mass.

Sorry to all you boffins out there but there is no such thing as the "future" and never will be. There has only ever been the "past" and only ever will be the "present". We time travel every day, only slowly, and into the present.

Sorry to all you boffins out there but there is no such thing as the "future" and never will be. There has only ever been the "past" and only ever will be the "present". We time travel every day, only slowly, and into the present.
That got the cogs turning in my brain.

Has anybody mentioned that HG Wells thought of this?

As I recall his time traveller was encased in rock at one stopping point. The trick is to keep travelling until it’s possible to ‘land’. Whilst the machine is travelling in time it doesn’t exist at any particular point that n time.

Simple.

There would need to be an absolute outer envelope of your time travel device through which no matter or energy could move. Other wise if you are accelerating the passage of time (in either direction) you are going to get a boundary condition where particles transiting the boundary have to accelerate to the faster rate, and decelerate when crossing the other way. same with waves although there'd probably be an effect like refraction so it might be pretty just before stuff carrying hundreds of times more energy than it should start slamming into shit.

Youd need to conatantly displace the shit thats already there out of the way before you arrive.

Back