Time travel question

I'm pretty sure I read an article on how fast the universe is expanding, and in there it stated that the galaxies towards the edge of the universe are accelerating so fast that no light from them will be seen and they will effectively disappear as they pass the speed of light.
Have a google for Hubble deep field video. Fascinating stuff.
I'm pretty sure I read an article on how fast the universe is expanding, and in there it stated that the galaxies towards the edge of the universe are accelerating so fast that no light from them will be seen and they will effectively disappear as they pass the speed of light.
Have a google for Hubble deep field video. Fascinating stuff.
Did @dangermows just out himself as a mag? :p

according to einstein time travel into the future would only happen if you're traveling at the speed of light. Thus not staying still .
He also came up with General Relativity, which states...

Gravitational time dilation is a form of time dilation, an actual difference of elapsed time between two events as measured by observers situated at varying distances from a gravitating mass. The higher the gravitational potential (the farther the clock is from the source of gravitation), the faster time passes.

Meaning fat kernts travel through time slower than skinny kernts. A REALLY fat kernt would essentially stop ageing while everyone else gets old. So you'd fall asleep one night, wake up, and you'd be 100 years in the future but still fresh and youthful while all your relatives would have died 50 years ago. It's time travel Jim, but not as we know it.

GPS satellites actually "time travel" a fraction of a second every day.

thats always my argument! the world is spinning and also orbiting so the chances of appearing where you want to will be massive. on films they dont even use co-ordinates, just want to go back to a year and there they are in the place they wanted instead of missing the earth and being stranded in space or appearing on another planet.
That's simply solved by just calculating the offset required to move you back to the equivalent point where you started.

e.g. 1 minute backwards means we have to re-position by a distance that takes into account the rotation and orbit of the earth.

He also came up with General Relativity, which states...

Gravitational time dilation is a form of time dilation, an actual difference of elapsed time between two events as measured by observers situated at varying distances from a gravitating mass. The higher the gravitational potential (the farther the clock is from the source of gravitation), the faster time passes.

Meaning fat kernts travel through time slower than skinny kernts. A REALLY fat kernt would essentially stop ageing while everyone else gets old. So you'd fall asleep one night, wake up, and you'd be 100 years in the future but still fresh and youthful while all your relatives would have died 50 years ago. It's time travel Jim, but not as we know it.
Is this why fat birds have less wrinkles?

so you are telling me you cant travel back in time travel machines?

lol, so many uneducated people talking so much shite about things they have no clue about and things that don't exist anyway

Love it when people think their understanding of a subject they have no idea about is the correct one to the extent they call other people uneducated.

Love it when people think their understanding of a subject they have no idea about is the correct one to the extent they call other people uneducated.
I hope you don't mean me mate?

I never called anybody uneducated. All I did was state the 2 theories of Special and General Relativity to try and give OP the idea of what "time travel" actually is. Why that would make anyone angry is baffling.

I hope you don't mean me mate?

I never called anybody uneducated. All I did was state the 2 theories of Special and General Relativity to try and give OP the idea of what "time travel" actually is. Why that would make anyone angry is baffling.

I don't, I meant the post I replied to.

Think its all interesting stuff, thought it was odd throwing in insults.

Was bored at work today and this popped into my head for some reason.

Imagine you invented a time machine in your living room. As time is linear and if you went forward or back in time the machine would stay in the same poition where your living room would be at any point in time . It's well known you can't just visit a particular point as the machine doesn't move only time does .

Now imagine if you went forward and there was a nuclear war and a bomb exploded near your house would you die at the point when you passed that time when the bomb went off or would you simply just pass by it and continue to your chosen date??

I'm thinking you'd die as you'd be at that point at which the bomb went off and you'd die the same as everyone else.

Dunno why I thought of that I just did .
As we've recently done divorce and volcanos. Why not time travel I here the SMB ask....:lol:

I reckon the blast wouldn't kill you, because as you are travelling you would be insulated from the effects of the outside world around you. Otherwise you would age when you started it up. The box you are in would either jump you immediately to that point, or it would do a move where you can see the world around you changing quick as fuck but you would be insulated from the effects outside. At least that's how my time machine works.

As we've recently done divorce and volcanos. Why not time travel I here the SMB ask....:lol:

I reckon the blast wouldn't kill you, because as you are travelling you would be insulated from the effects of the outside world around you. Otherwise you would age when you started it up. The box you are in would either jump you immediately to that point, or it would do a move where you can see the world around you changing quick as fuck but you would be insulated from the effects outside. At least that's how my time machine works.
Mine would work like that too. It jumps rather than travels through time. Although DAB Radio reception is a still patchy.

Mine would work like that too. It jumps rather than travels through time. Although DAB Radio reception is a still patchy.
Places to go if you get rid of the idea of dying of the plague and that?

I would defo go and watch a battle. A big f***ing medieval siege or something, just to see that take place would've been unbelievable.

Places to go if you get rid of the idea of dying of the plague and that?

I would defo go and watch a battle. A big f***ing medieval siege or something, just to see that take place would've been unbelievable.
I'd have a word with Joseph and say 'Mate, nah she's talking bollocks'

Back