Time to stock up on beer folks

So is the CO2 generated by cask ale or in bottle conditioned beers not fit for human consumption? Because it’s the same CO2 generated by the brewing process and it is consumed by a lot of humans!
Well it won't be very pure or concentrated for starters. I'm guessing they'd need fancy expensive chilling equipment to liquefy it before purification but I'm not sure.

Used my newly refilled CO2 bottle to dispense my home brew.
Do you have your own recipes? Two of my nephews have been brewing their own beer for about a year but are just now starting to come up with their own recipes.

<< The UK has only two plants producing carbon dioxide and one is closed for maintenance, threatening to leave drinks makers high and dry.
"It's already stopping production," said Brigid Simmonds, head of the British Beer and Pub Association.
CO2 comes from ammonia plants that manufacture fertiliser. But as demand for fertiliser peaks in winter, manufacturers often shut down during the summer for maintenance work.
Currently at least five CO2 producers across northern Europe are offline for maintenance >>

CO2 shortage threatens beer supplies

Plenty over here,horse.

Stay calm,and don’t panic.

Do you have your own recipes? Two of my nephews have been brewing their own beer for about a year but are just now starting to come up with their own recipes.
I do have some of my own but mainly find something online and tweak to suit what I have. The brew after my next one will be a NEIPA which I have altered one of the hop varieties on and also changed the grist slightly to try and get the beer to look like I want it to.

I do have some of my own but mainly find something online and tweak to suit what I have. The brew after my next one will be a NEIPA which I have altered one of the hop varieties on and also changed the grist slightly to try and get the beer to look like I want it to.
They’re working with various flavors right now. They are hoping to open up a small micro brewery some day. Although those are all over the place now so there’s a chance they might’ve missed the wave.

Best part for me is that I am their official taster

Well it won't be very pure or concentrated for starters. I'm guessing they'd need fancy expensive chilling equipment to liquefy it before purification but I'm not sure.
Being purified and liquified is not the same thing as being fit for human consumption though.

They’re working with various flavors right now. They are hoping to open up a small micro brewery some day. Although those are all over the place now so there’s a chance they might’ve missed the wave.

Best part for me is that I am their official taster
I’ve been trying to formulate my own, my California Common and APA that I came up with from “scratch” are both very good if I say so myself. I’d love my own American style brewpub but unless I win the lottery it’s not going to happen.

Being purified and liquified is not the same thing as being fit for human consumption though.

I’ve been trying to formulate my own, my California Common and APA that I came up with from “scratch” are both very good if I say so myself. I’d love my own American style brewpub but unless I win the lottery it’s not going to happen.
If you can come up with something good and original you have a shot... but that’s a huge challenge with so many of them around. Whenever they find about a new one opening they invite me to go with them to check it out. Then we talk about what they are doing right and what they are missing

My California Common came out canny when I did it. I've ordered the yeast again for another try.

My California Common came out canny when I did it. I've ordered the yeast again for another try.
I’m not sure about the other suppliers but the 2017 Northern Brewer harvest on Geterbrewed had a horrendously low AAU - something like 2.2% when I was using 6.5% AA Northern Brewer from the 2016 harvest.

That’s why I haven’t made Common People V4 yet.

I’m not sure about the other suppliers but the 2017 Northern Brewer harvest on Geterbrewed had a horrendously low AAU - something like 2.2% when I was using 6.5% AA Northern Brewer from the 2016 harvest.

That’s why I haven’t made Common People V4 yet.
On my recipe I used Northern Brewer from Crossmyloof. 7% AA.

Back