Time to Splice the Main race Seaman Staines

Splice the mainbrace
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Splicing the mainbrace aboard HMS Wren during World War II
"Splice the mainbrace" is an order given aboard naval vessels to issue the crew with an alcoholic drink. Originally an order for one of the most difficult emergency repair jobs aboard a sailing ship, it became a euphemism for authorized celebratory drinking afterward, and then the name of an order to grant the crew an extra ration of rum or grog.

Splice the mainbrace
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Splicing the mainbrace aboard HMS Wren during World War II
"Splice the mainbrace" is an order given aboard naval vessels to issue the crew with an alcoholic drink. Originally an order for one of the most difficult emergency repair jobs aboard a sailing ship, it became a euphemism for authorized celebratory drinking afterward, and then the name of an order to grant the crew an extra ration of rum or grog.

OK OK OK it was chuffing autocorrect I know what the term is man.

Fifty lashes with the cat o nine tails or you’ll be walking the plank all the way to Davey Jones’s locker etc etc.

OK OK OK it was chuffing autocorrect I know what the term is man.

Fifty lashes with the cat o nine tails or you’ll be walking the plank all the way to Davey Jones’s locker etc etc.
You're typing wrong, you've a woman's hands! I'll wager those inches have never weighed an anchor in a storm you pasty landlubber...

It was on the good ship Venus, by Christ you should have seen us, the figurehead was a whore in bed and the mast a rampant penis...
The captain of the slugger
He was a dirty bugger
He wasn’t fit to shovel shit
From one room to another

Back