Time to focus on physique rather than weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been eating quite a bit less and very healthily now for around 4 weeks, I have also re-joined the gym and have been going 4 times a week for the last month, I hammer the cardio and lift quite a bit too. My calorie intake is around 2300-2500 a day every day including weekends.

Now my question is, for a long time my weight has fluctuated between 16-17stone mostly depending on what i do at weekends. I find it almost impossible to drop below 15st 10lbs even with eating low calories and working out. 1 Month ago I weighed 16st 7bs and this morning I weighed myself at exactly the same! Why am I finding it near enough impossible to lose weight now? I am 24, 6ft 4.

Should I now concentrate on my physique instead of obsessing on getting down to 15stone? Doing my boody head in now. There is no way that I have gained the same amount in lbs of muscle that I have lost in the last 4 weeks of fat surely?

The only way to know is to measure how much body fat you have? With calipers or a composition machine?

Even then people like @supersesh seem to recommend just looking in the mirror.

I have no calipers and I go to the gym at 8pm on a night so would be full of food and 3 litres of water by then, I assume this would make the composition machine useless?

I'll be truthful with you here, and you may not like it.

at 6ft 4 you will be burning night on 4000+ calories a day , EASY , so 2500 is far too low for you. And you're not losing.

Which means one thing, you're not actually eating 2500 calories, you just think you are.

raise your calories to 3200, eat that SPOT ON 100% every day.

2 weeks from now you will lose i guarantee

When you're very over weight you can afford a big deficit with no consequences. As said above, you'll be burning 2500 if you just lay in bed all day.

What I will say though is that scale weight isn't always linear. Many people will plateau then see a big drop out of nowhere. There's a theory that once the fat cells have been depleted, that they can then hold water until the cells shrink. This can mask things a good bit.

When you're very over weight you can afford a big deficit with no consequences. As said above, you'll be burning 2500 if you just lay in bed all day.

What I will say though is that scale weight isn't always linear. Many people will plateau then see a big drop out of nowhere. There's a theory that once the fat cells have been depleted, that they can then hold water until the cells shrink. This can mask things a good bit.

I sit on me arse from 8-7 everyday then sleep from probably 12-7 so I have a relatively sedentary lifestyle. I do look better in myself and have had comments regards to weight loss but it is just annoying how the scales don't mirror that as I think it is a mental victory if they did. I am going to continue this for another 4 weeks mind and see if anything changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back