Time for a new capital city

If it can ween itself off cars and have a mayor with some balls to start measuring the city’s success on the health and well-being of its citizens rather than their economic output, it’ll be fine. Big ask like.

Why not have 3 capitals like South Africa?
Why not have a brand new capital starting from scratch. The whole city built around renewable energy, tramways, bike paths etc?

It would relieve the congestion of London and the likes of Parliament could be a museum instead of spending billions restoring it

let's face it London is rammed with weirdos. Its expensive and not reflective of the rest of this country so the progressives should love my idea.
I nominate York.

I reckon Scotswood or Meadowell are good place for Parliament to sit. :)
has to be the jewel in the crown,Bishop Auckland

We can get Dehenna Davidson, the local MP, to open Bishop Auckland as the new capital.

I don't know which of her "partners" she'll bring along. ;)

Last edited:
I reckon Scotswood or Meadowell are good place for Parliament to sit. :)

We can get Dehenna Davidson, the local MP, to open Bishop Auckland as the new capital.

I don't know which of her "partners" she'll bring along. ;)
Now she's dumped the wrinkly sugar daddy the local wannabee pikeys will fancy their chances 😀

Now she's dumped the wrinkly sugar daddy the local wannabee pikeys will fancy their chances 😀

Dehenna Davidson is complicated and her Wikipedia page shows that (and I actually feel sorry for her given her very early life).

I know quite a bit more, however, given the person who told me was her employer prior to her election I have various confidences to respect.

Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire could be the new capital... I'm not 100% sure but believe a 1hour commute envelope around it has a catchment area of 7 million people (or something like that)

Back