Tim Burgess. Music listening parties

Pleased to hear it mate. Some very melodic stuff in there under the wall of noise. I got into it when I was 17/18 so some of it reminds me of lasses, mates etc so it has that emotional connection for me.
Second albums canny as well actually. Not as good as Souvlaki or Slowdive though. The song Blue Skied ‘n Clear is a thing of beauty though, check that out.
Souvlaki was their second album. Pygmalion (featuring Blue Skied an' Clear) was their third. Never really got Pygmalion. Dagger from Souvlaki is an all time favourite song of mine.

I’ve tried not to but Im starting to get a bit annoyed with Tim Burgess. Hes playing the moral crusader card a bit too much for my liking now when the truth is the blokes a massive scab.

I’ve tried not to but Im starting to get a bit annoyed with Tim Burgess. Hes playing the moral crusader card a bit too much for my liking now when the truth is the blokes a massive scab.

He's not very thick skinned, he seems to be having a go at quite a few people over not very much. Some people just voicing their opinion that they would have preferred a band to do a different album. He's even having a go at people who are telling him not to waste his time commenting back to his critics.

The listening parties themselves have been very good though.

I see Shiiiine on are starting to do them too. It's mainly old has been dad rock just like their festivals, but they did Yes Please by The Happy Mondays last night

He's not very thick skinned, he seems to be having a go at quite a few people over not very much. Some people just voicing their opinion that they would have preferred a band to do a different album. He's even having a go at people who are telling him not to waste his time commenting back to his critics.

The listening parties themselves have been very good though.

I just find him a bit hypocritical, he’s on about bringing people together and solidarity when at the first opportunity he stitched up BBC workers.

What's he done like?

A real c*nts trick in my opinion.

A real c*nts trick in my opinion.

Aye not good. What's he said about it?

Back