Tim Burgess. Music listening parties

I struggled with twitter for The Fall album. After a few songs I just listened to the album without bothering with Twitter. Found it too distracting. Still felt part of the event without the Twitter carry on. Might give it another shot for the Mogwai album.
There's a website with the full listings timstwitterlisteningparty

Just don't get involved in conversations or responses. Just read the band/artist offering an insight into each song as it's played. Basically a post per song.
Doves first album!. Still love it 20 years on. Not much bettered it this century

If it was a battle of the albums tonight they won it.

Just don't get involved in conversations or responses. Just read the band/artist offering an insight into each song as it's played. Basically a post per song.

That's what I do. Got nowt to say anyway.

If it was a battle of the albums tonight they won it.
They did. By a long way

Soo tried to dip my toe in the water on this but unsure if I’m doing it right.
I played album and just read comments on the twitter hashtag and what bonehead was tweeting. Is that all there is to it as I was a bit underwhelmed ?
don’t know what I was expecting due to all the hype.

Are all the artists involved onboard like? I have only done a couple of them

Always at least one from the band aye. Although they are planning on throwing in the odd classic to run through, like Hunky Dory, where its unlikely.
Soo tried to dip my toe in the water on this but unsure if I’m doing it right.
I played album and just read comments on the twitter hashtag and what bonehead was tweeting. Is that all there is to it as I was a bit underwhelmed ?
don’t know what I was expecting due to all the hype.

Pretty much. Mind, Bonehead isn't the most insightful compared to some other artists. It's been good getting glimpses into how songs were made/inspired and for fans of a particular band its good to have a bit crack and see rare photos etc. For me I've been hearing records I'd otherwise probably not.

Leftism should be a good night.

Last edited:
Pretty much. Mind, Bonehead isn't the most insightful compared to some other artists. It's been good getting glimpses into how songs were made/inspired and for fans of a particular band its good to have a bit crack and see rare photos etc. For me I've been hearing records I'd otherwise probably not.

Leftism should be a good night.

aye going to give new order, Leftfield and Public Service Broadcasting a go.
I did think Bonehead was just a bit ‘me and Liam got pissed this night’ etc.
The hashtag was full of mad Chinese just tweeting Liam ❤️❤️❤️

Pleased I've caught on in time, Slowdive are doing Souvlaki tomorrow night,

Really enjoyed that. Always give an album a few listens, but liking it on first listen is always a good sign. Not sure I will like it more than the self titled, but then that's one of my all time faves.
I was never massively into Leftfield even though most of my mates liked them.

Fairy nuff, had you down as a fan.

Really enjoyed that. Always give an album a few listens, but liking it on first listen is always a good sign. Not sure I will like it more than the self titled, but then that's one of my all time faves.

Fairy nuff, had you down as a fan.

Pleased to hear it mate. Some very melodic stuff in there under the wall of noise. I got into it when I was 17/18 so some of it reminds me of lasses, mates etc so it has that emotional connection for me.
Second albums canny as well actually. Not as good as Souvlaki or Slowdive though. The song Blue Skied ‘n Clear is a thing of beauty though, check that out.

Last edited:
Pleased to hear it mate. Some very melodic stuff in there under the wall of noise. I got into it when I was 17/18 so some of it reminds me of lasses, mates etc so it has that emotional connection for me.
Second albums canny as well actually. Not as good as Souvlaki or Slowdive though. The song Blue Skied ‘n Clear is a thing of beauty though, check that out.

Busy listening to Rachel's solo stuff but will get onto it marra.

Slowdive have confirmed another listening night next month.

Busy listening to Rachel's solo stuff but will get onto it marra.

Slowdive have confirmed another listening night next month.

have they? Superb.

there’s also Mojave 3 to check out which was Neil and Rachael’s thing after Slowdive split up. Not as good but interesting enough.

Last edited:

Back