Tim Burgess. Music listening parties

Pardon my ignorance, but how do these things work? Do you just play the album from a certain time and then Tim Burgess/members of said band comments on each song on Twitter?

Some great albums been mentioned in this thread so will give it a go.

Yup. Have a look back through if there's any you like, whack the record on and scroll through comments. Not as good as live but still good, especially with band member insight.

Yup. Have a look back through if there's any you like, whack the record on and scroll through comments. Not as good as live but still good, especially with band member insight.

Nice one, loads of good stuff to go on with there. Buzzing for that Orange Juice listening next Thursday. The case of red wine that's getting delivered later is going to take a hammering.

So Oasis last week sounded dated, Chemical Bros tonight at 25 years old still sounds fresh.

Got the first bit wrong. DM still fresh as a daisy.
Doves tomorrow night will be my first one. Ducking brilliant album is Lost Souls.
Didn’t realise Heaven or Las Vegas was on tonight.

First listen of the latter, was good.

Tomorrow should be good.

The Fall night was superb.
Doves tomorrow night will be my first one. Ducking brilliant album is Lost Souls.
Didn’t realise Heaven or Las Vegas was on tonight.

You've missed out on some crackers.
Which album?

New Order next weekend marra.

Last edited:
Got the first bit wrong. DM still fresh as a daisy.

First listen of the latter, was good.

Tomorrow should be good.

The Fall night was superb.

You've missed out on some crackers.

New Order next weekend marra.

Pleased I've caught on in time, Slowdive are doing Souvlaki tomorrow night,

Pleased I've caught on in time, Slowdive are doing Souvlaki tomorrow night,

Looking forward to it as I've not heard it. Adore their last record mind, one of my all time faves.
Really enjoyed that, it’s something different but you still feel part of it. Love all the little bits of info they give out.

Aye its good.

Pogues lined up now @Longy

Last edited:
Looking forward to it as I've not heard it. Adore their last record mind, one of my all time faves.

Their most recent record is absolutely brilliant. I'm not sure how you'll find it listening to them the wrong way round though. Their recent album was very polished compared to the older two. Different but still maintained a lot of what I love about Slowdive originally. Be interesting to get your thoughts.

Their most recent record is absolutely brilliant. I'm not sure how you'll find it listening to them the wrong way round though. Their recent album was very polished compared to the older two. Different but still maintained a lot of what I love about Slowdive originally. Be interesting to get your thoughts.

Not sure why I've not gone back over tbh. Just been busy with lots of other listening. Yep, although initial thoughts aren't often a good reflection on an album. Most need a few listens. Mind, in fairness, many of my favourite albums in general have a less slick production, so don't think that'd be a barrier to my enjoyment.
He's a really nice fella. I put him on a couple of times years ago and stayed in touch.

Confirmed.

Which album?

Leftfield confirmed to host Leftism night :cool:

Last edited:
I struggled with twitter for The Fall album. After a few songs I just listened to the album without bothering with Twitter. Found it too distracting. Still felt part of the event without the Twitter carry on. Might give it another shot for the Mogwai album.
There's a website with the full listings timstwitterlisteningparty

Back