Tiger woods

Anyone who thinks Nicklaus was/is a better golfer than Woods is deluded. Woods is the best by an absolute mile...and I don't really like him

18 majors
19 2nd place finishes
56 top 5 finishes
73 top 10 finishes

He may not be as spectacular as Woods in terms of style, but his stats are all there to see.

The recency bias crowd think Alastair Cook was England's best ever batsman (crushed the bbc poll a few months back), World Cup 2018 was the best World Cup ever and Obama was the greatest US president ever. I'm not listening to their opinions very much.

I'm not saying anyone who thinks Tiger is the GOAT is subject to recency bias, there is an argument for him sure (as there is for Nicklaus), but its curious that every recent event gets described as 'the best ever' by some people.

Last edited:

18 majors
19 2nd place finishes
56 top 5 finishes
73 top 10 finishes

He may not be as spectacular as Woods in terms of style, but his stats are all there to see.

The recency bias crowd think Alastair Cook was England's best ever batsman (crushed the bbc poll a few months back), World Cup 2018 was the best World Cup ever and Obama was the greatest US president ever. I'm not listening to their opinions very much.

I'm not saying anyone who thinks Tiger is the GOAT is subject to recency bias, there is an argument for him sure (as there is for Nicklaus), but its curious that every recent event gets described as 'the best ever' by some people.
Tbf older people tend to go overboard with their praise for people/ players from their era.

Nicklaus was an incredible golfer but I'd argue that back in the 60s and 70s there wasn't as strong a field as when Woods started dominating.

If Woods didn't go through the injury problems he has had he would be on 20 titles now.

It's how we dominated the sport for such a long period , he would just take the lead in a major and no one stood a chance to catch him.

He has had to work out how to play with his injuries and that's the amazing thing about this win. I think most people in his position may have give in but not only does he come back and play but win a major

except he's not.
Who’s better then mate, out of interest? :D

18 majors
19 2nd place finishes
56 top 5 finishes
73 top 10 finishes

He’s had about 11 years off through serious injury and is still an arse hair off nicklauses records

He is the GOAT by an absolute mile

Woods at his peak was simply brilliant and the like will be never again.

He was regularly around 6/4 odds to win majors.

Them odds were a indication of how dominant and brilliant he was at his peak, and that will never be seen again imo.

Last edited:
He is the best ever IMO. He was virtually untouchable at the start of the 2000s. He won back to back majors by 15 and then 8 strokes in 2000 ffs!

The strength of the fields he has played against are also much stronger than when Nicklaus was winning majors. During Nicklaus' pomp, it was incredibly hard for Europeans to get into the US majors for example. Nowadays all the best players from around the world are in the majors and also plying their trade in the US week in week out.

I think when Tiger won most of his majors, the fields weren't as strong as they are now. But that is down to him. He revolutionised the game and his opponents had to up theirs and we have the situation where there's a revolving door of world number 1s. It's arguable whether he is the GOAT, but he's definitely the most influential.

18 majors
19 2nd place finishes
56 top 5 finishes
73 top 10 finishes

There’s a very, very strong argument to be made that the competition Tiger Woods has had to face has been much stronger than Nicklaus did.

The goat. Simple as. Played great this weekend. The best thing about it all is he’s had surgery and had 2/3 months off. To come back and equal sneads record is just f***ing class. Would live to play a round with tiger.

The goat. Simple as. Played great this weekend. The best thing about it all is he’s had surgery and had 2/3 months off. To come back and equal sneads record is just f***ing class. Would live to play a round with tiger.

He's one of if not the greatest front runner in sporting history. His 36 and 54 hole lead conversion stats are baffling

Back