Tiger Woods

Nikki Lauda won two championships after nearly losing his life.

Ben hogan won five majors after suffering a punctured lung breaking his pelvis, back, legs in a car crash. Iirc

No chance. Spinal fusion? I work with a lad who carried rolls of felt up a ladder 8 weeks after one.

He’s had 4 operations on his back, maybe more.

He was ranked 1199 in the world in December 2017 - 9 months ago - and is now 13th.

He could barely walk a year ago. The footage of him being arrested on suspected DUI shows him in a right f***ing state.

To get from there to winning another PGA Tour title, against the best in the world, is a sporting f***ing miracle. Anyone who says otherwise has a hidden agenda.

So did I, and he just gone into Sunday against a fit Rory and it was barely a contest. 7-8 months into his comeback and he's won.

Whether he wins another major or not, remains to be seen. But there is no question that he is one of the best golfers in the world again.

And if you needed to know what he means to the game then:

Golf Channel on Twitter
Mcilroy will never be half the player he was

He’s had 4 operations on his back, maybe more.

He was ranked 1199 in the world in December 2017 - 9 months ago - and is now 13th.

He could barely walk a year ago. The footage of him being arrested on suspected DUI shows him in a right f***ing state.

To get from there to winning another PGA Tour title, against the best in the world, is a sporting f***ing miracle. Anyone who says otherwise has a hidden agenda.
He’s had a fusion that’s why he fell away in the rankings. Nikki Lauda nearly died mate and won two world titles.

Talking to USA golf fans over here they are confident they are going to piss the Ryder cup a pal of mine knows s few of the caddies and they are predicting a minimum of 19pts to USA . They saying that all these young pros idolise woods and the fact that he has made the team and will be leading them will make em invincible.

Talking to USA golf fans over here they are confident they are going to piss the Ryder cup a pal of mine knows s few of the caddies and they are predicting a minimum of 19pts to USA . They saying that all these young pros idolise woods and the fact that he has made the team and will be leading them will make em invincible.
:)

Can't say how they would say that given Tigers poor record in the ryder cup to date. I do think the yanks will win though.

I don't think he will win anything...... will fade away in a month or two.
You must admit you were 100% wrong about the above though? You have now changed the rhetoric of the thread from:

1. Woods won't win anything.
2. Doesn't count unless it's a major
3. Wont be a good comeback until he has won multiple majors
4. Hogan mentioned twice now, implying Woods needs to win at least 5 majors for this to be classed as a good comeback.

Anyway, we all agree this is excellent for golf, its just a shame it isnt the beginning of a season...

You must admit you were 100% wrong about the above though? You have now changed the rhetoric of the thread from:

1. Woods won't win anything.
2. Doesn't count unless it's a major
3. Wont be a good comeback until he has won multiple majors
4. Hogan mentioned twice now, implying Woods needs to win at least 5 majors for this to be classed as a good comeback.

Anyway, we all agree this is excellent for golf, its just a shame it isnt the beginning of a season...
I agree mate I was wrong I did not think he would have won anything. It is good for golf I just think it’s over hyped by media and golf fans as though the messiah as returned.
Did you hear what the crowd thought about it? USA USA USA USA!!!

It’s becoming a pantomime sport. Hogan was only mentioned as his comeback was far more spectacular as was Lauders. And tbf I was asked to elaborate on my post about comebacks.
I take my hat off to him for winning but I reckon rose was playing safe the last 27 holes mind. Even his celebration at his lag putt on the last defined his round.

I agree mate I was wrong I did not think he would have won anything. It is good for golf I just think it’s over hyped by media and golf fans as though the messiah as returned.
Did you hear what the crowd thought about it? USA USA USA USA!!!

It’s becoming a pantomime sport. Hogan was only mentioned as his comeback was far more spectacular as was Lauders. And tbf I was asked to elaborate on my post about comebacks.
I take my hat off to him for winning but I reckon rose was playing safe the last 27 holes mind. Even his celebration at his lag putt on the last defined his round.

So Rose held off from taking Tiger to win the tournament outright? He was about a yard or so on the 18th from possibly losing the Fed ex. There was no way on earth that was remotely in the plan. If he won the tournament he won the fed ex and that's what he would have been trying to do from the get go

So Rose held off from taking Tiger to win the tournament outright? He was about a yard or so on the 18th from possibly losing the Fed ex. There was no way on earth that was remotely in the plan. If he won the tournament he won the fed ex and that's what he would have been trying to do from the get go
No but he would have been more aggressive in the last round if the fed ex was not on the line or do you think he would have chosen the same shots? He was not chasing the win in the end mate away. Is there any single figure handicappers on here? If so tell red and white rob the score will yas.

No but he would have been more aggressive in the last round if the fed ex was not on the line or do you think he would have chosen the same shots? He was not chasing the win in the end mate away. Is there any single figure handicappers on here? If so tell red and white rob the score will yas.

He was not chasing the win because he was 5-7 shots behind going into the back 9 and he new he was done. At the beginning of the round he would have been trying to shoot the lowest round possibly and lock the fed ex down. What do you think he plan was when he teed off on Sunday?

His wasn't a controlled within himself performance on Sunday when it was on the green in reg and looking for two putt pars. He played poor and was a tad fortunate to clear the bullet on the 18th to give him the excellent chance of finishing it off

Last edited:
He was not chasing the win because he was 5-7 shots behind going into the back 9 and he new he was done. At the beginning of the round he would have been trying to shoot the lowest round possibly and lock the fed ex down. What do you think he plan was when he teed off on Sunday?

His wasn't a controlled within himself performance on Sunday when it was on the green in reg and looking for two putt pars. He played poor and was a tad fortunate to clear the bullet on the 18th to give him the excellent chance of finishing it off
He will of broke his round into 4. First four or five holes will have been his gauge that’s when he will have been trying to score low. Then check leaderboard I reckon at this point he will have said top 5 is priority as he had no birdies after the first.
Just look st the Ryder cup thread, people talking about teams last 6/7 posts not one mention of tiger just about says it all.

He will of broke his round into 4. First four or five holes will have been his gauge that’s when he will have been trying to score low. Then check leaderboard I reckon at this point he will have said top 5 is priority as he had no birdies after the first.
Just look st the Ryder cup thread, people talking about teams last 6/7 posts not one mention of tiger just about says it all.

You suggested Rose played within himself and played a factor on Woods winning. If Rose did play with himself in back 9 or last few holes in didn't affect Tiger winning the tournament one bit. Rose was well out of it by then

They won’t piss it by any stretch, they could conceivably win though yes.

They won’t piss it by any stretch, they could conceivably win though yes.
Fair enough it’s the opinion of most of the caddies not mine , I actually brought up woods poor record in the RC but the consensus over here is he has come back from the bottom of the barrel both emotionally and physically , hence he had a crowd of 30000 fans following during that final round . He has re emerged as a huge national hero and the yanks are expecting this surge to propel them to a massive win.

Fair enough it’s the opinion of most of the caddies not mine , I actually brought up woods poor record in the RC but the consensus over here is he has come back from the bottom of the barrel both emotionally and physically , hence he had a crowd of 30000 fans following during that final round . He has re emerged as a huge national hero and the yanks are expecting this surge to propel them to a massive win.

He’s never had a great influence on the team, no reason to think it will be any different to the past. But you never know.... My concern is that France is not exactly a hot bed of European golf and the ‘home’ factor may be taken out of the equation.

Back