Tiger Woods

I agree mate 100% but I don't think he will win anything. I think he will be 2nd favourite for masters off the back of this but will fade away in a month or two.
The top half dozen players are either out of form returning themselves from injuries or coming off a rest period.

I honestly could not see a fit tiger beat a fit.
Justin Thomas
Dustin Johnson
Rory
Jordan speith

I think he's in the same bracket as Justin rose
Rham
Fowler
Garcia
And all the other maybes.

The media attention is around him because of what happened to him he sells magazines.
Today was probably the best chance he will get of winning something this year. Very average tournament.
@Mark E Smith and @AgelessStranger
:lol::lol::lol:

Told you I would book mark this @Mark E Smith and @AgelessStranger

Last edited:
Told you I would book mark this @Mark E Smith and @AgelessStranger

So did I, and he just gone into Sunday against a fit Rory and it was barely a contest. 7-8 months into his comeback and he's won.

Whether he wins another major or not, remains to be seen. But there is no question that he is one of the best golfers in the world again.

And if you needed to know what he means to the game then:

Golf Channel on Twitter

Last edited:
So did I, and he just gone into Sunday against a fit Rory and it was barely a contest. 7-8 months into his comeback and he's won.

Whether he wins another major or not, remains to be seen. But there is no question that he is one of the best golfers in the world again.

And if you needed to know what he means to the game then:

Golf Channel on Twitter
Was waiting for this.
I know he’s good for the game mate I watched it and I seen the reaction on the last. Still standing by my point of he’s not top of the game like he used to be he is an also ran. Even the commentators said no one would have picked him out to win. Worse thing is next Comp 1000s of people are gonna lose a lot of money on him.

Was waiting for this.
I know he’s good for the game mate I watched it and I seen the reaction on the last. Still standing by my point of he’s not top of the game like he used to be he is an also ran. Even the commentators said no one would have picked him out to win. Worse thing is next Comp 1000s of people are gonna lose a lot of money on him.

An "also-ran" by definition is someone who doesn't win (usually by a large margin to render their participation insignificant). Well he just just won, so he can't be an also-ran. He also has a T6 at The Open and a 2nd place at the PGA Championships in his first 8 months back. He's not the best in the world, and he will never be like the old Tiger, but he's a serious contender for every tournament he plays now.

An "also-ran" by definition is someone who doesn't win (usually by a large margin to render their participation insignificant). Well he just just won, so he can't be an also-ran. He also has a T6 at The Open and a 2nd place at the PGA Championships in his first 8 months back. He's not the best in the world, and he will never be like the old Tiger, but he's a serious contender for every tournament he plays now.

not sure about that tbh, he was pretty impressive and seems very much in control, very much like the very young Tiger before he went mad and tried pushing himself too much with his swing.

Well like I said before only time will tell but don’t go blowing ya money on 3 and 4 to one for tiger to win mind.

Was waiting for this.

“Also-ran” ? Nah, he’s hitting the ball as well as anyone at the moment. Could be on the verge of something amazing in fact. Bookmark this !

“Also-ran” ? Nah, he’s hitting the ball as well as anyone at the moment. Could be on the verge of something amazing in fact. Bookmark this !
He needs to win a major to call it a a great comeback, not taking away his win but to be up there with the best only a major will count. It’s not even a great sporting comeback compared to other sportsmen and women over the years.

He needs to win a major to call it a a great comeback, not taking away his win but to be up there with the best only a major will count. It’s not even a great sporting comeback compared to other sportsmen and women over the years.
Of course its a great comeback, even without the major win. He started the year ranked 656 and is now 13th, playing in roughly half the amount of tournaments as everyone else and but for a birdie on the last by Rose would've won the fedex.

I'd be interested to hear what you do class as a great sporting comeback?

Of course its a great comeback, even without the major win. He started the year ranked 656 and is now 13th, playing in roughly half the amount of tournaments as everyone else and but for a birdie on the last by Rose would've won the fedex.

I'd be interested to hear what you do class as a great sporting comeback?
Nikki Lauda won two championships after nearly losing his life.

Ben hogan won five majors after suffering a punctured lung breaking his pelvis, back, legs in a car crash. Iirc

This otherwise it’s a Schumacher style comeback
No chance. Spinal fusion? I work with a lad who carried rolls of felt up a ladder 8 weeks after one.

Great news! Lived it when he made good betting much more attractive by lengthening everyone else's odds.
And in future there will be great money to be made by laying him. Pity he couldn't have done it with a few weeks to spare in the season.

Taking the betting cap off for a moment, it's great to see him back and the reaction he got yesterday was a great sporting moment. Hopefully he can cap off the comeback by winning another major. If I was going to back him to win one, I'd be looking at the Masters or the PGA as the courses seem the most suited to his style of play at the moment.

Back