Tiger Woods

Disagree with your assessment there, every one of the "top" players you've mentioned was involved in the Valspar (hardly an average tournament), in particular Speith and Mcilroy missed the cut.

Woods has demonstrated a massive improvement in the short time since he's returned, I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in the top 10 by the end of the year.
Rory is coming back from injury himself and speith is out of form like I said. These two players will wipe the floor with tiger when fit and in form. Don't get me wrong not 15 year ago but next year tiger will lose to all these players. Imo of course which means diddly squat. I will bookmark this post though.

Rory is coming back from injury himself and speith is out of form like I said. These two players will wipe the floor with tiger when fit and in form. Don't get me wrong not 15 year ago but next year tiger will lose to all these players. Imo of course which means diddly squat. I will bookmark this post though.

Why? Tiger hits it further than Speith and he's not miles behind Rory. Tiger's short game is better than McIlroy's, and the less said about the latter's putting, the better. McIlroy hasn't been "in form" for a few years now and his putting has been verging on yips territory. I'd say only Dustin Johnson can rightly say he could wipe the floor with all opposition when fit.

On the basis of what we have seen this weekend, there is no obvious* reason for Tiger to not be able to compete with the best. The biggest concern was over his back mobility and how much it would reduce his distance. He answered that over the weekend. He won't be as far as McIlroy, Bubba and DJ over the season, but far enough to not be at a major disadvantage and further than a lot of the field.

If Mickelson is a serious contender at 47 years old, then I can't see how you can write off an apparently healed Tiger.

*I don't know whether his back condition will limit his practice time over the season.

Why? Tiger hits it further than Speith and he's not miles behind Rory. Tiger's short game is better than McIlroy's, and the less said about the latter's putting, the better. McIlroy hasn't been "in form" for a few years now and his putting has been verging on yips territory. I'd say only Dustin Johnson can rightly say he could wipe the floor with all opposition when fit.

On the basis of what we have seen this weekend, there is no obvious* reason for Tiger to not be able to compete with the best. The biggest concern was over his back mobility and how much it would reduce his distance. He answered that over the weekend. He won't be as far as McIlroy, Bubba and DJ over the season, but far enough to not be at a major disadvantage and further than a lot of the field.

If Mickelson is a serious contender at 47 years old, then I can't see how you can write off an apparently healed Tiger.

*I don't know whether his back condition will limit his practice time over the season.
Great post and good points. I just think there will always be someone like at the weekend to stop him week in week out. He will pick he's tournaments and I may have to eat my words. Only time will tell.

Great post and good points. I just think there will always be someone like at the weekend to stop him week in week out. He will pick he's tournaments and I may have to eat my words. Only time will tell.

I know what you mean, but remember people were saying the same 12 months ago about Sergio Garcia. That his time was over and he'd blown it. Shit putter and a bottler. That younger, fit and in-form players like DJ, Spieth, McIlroy, Day, Scott etc would always be better than him when it came down to it. But then DJ fell down the stairs, and the others have all struggled to maintain form and there's Garcia finally getting his hands on a big one.

I'm not saying Tiger will win a big one again, but unless he is seriously limited in how much practice he can do, then I think we can say that he can win one. I think everyone is in agreement that this comeback is very different to all the others.

I know what you mean, but remember people were saying the same 12 months ago about Sergio Garcia. That his time was over and he'd blown it. Shit putter and a bottler. That younger, fit and in-form players like DJ, Spieth, McIlroy, Day, Scott etc would always be better than him when it came down to it. But then DJ fell down the stairs, and the others have all struggled to maintain form and there's Garcia finally getting his hands on a big one.

I'm not saying Tiger will win a big one again, but unless he is seriously limited in how much practice he can do, then I think we can say that he can win one. I think everyone is in agreement that this comeback is very different to all the others.

Agree with all of this. Aside from the predictable media hysteria, the likes of Mcilroy have practiced / observed him close up and are saying he's the best he's looked for donkeys years.

It will be great to see the "superstars" of today totally shit their pants if they are up against tiger at Augusta on late Saturday and Sunday. They've breezed along sharing it between themselves for 7 or 8 years without ever having to go head to head with the greatest golfer ever. Will be good to see who has it in them if it happens.

It will be great to see the "superstars" of today totally shit their pants if they are up against tiger at Augusta on late Saturday and Sunday. They've breezed along sharing it between themselves for 7 or 8 years without ever having to go head to head with the greatest golfer ever. Will be good to see who has it in them if it happens.

I love this post ;) It mate never ever come to fruition again, but if it did, it’s would be fuckin brilliant to see Tiger destroying the field at the Majors again!!

Disagree with your assessment there, every one of the "top" players you've mentioned was involved in the Valspar (hardly an average tournament), in particular Speith and Mcilroy missed the cut.

Woods has demonstrated a massive improvement in the short time since he's returned, I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in the top 10 by the end of the year.
Looks like we gonna find out over the next few days mate. I must admit it's the most excited I've been about golf(tv wise) in a while. So some good is coming out of it.

Have a feeling there may be a anti climax this weekend but the masters should be superb.

It's a shame the old twats on the augusta committee aren't in the 21st century and relax the tv coverage they allow. It's a disgrace the amount allowed shown imo

Won't be a finer sight in sport if Tiger were wearing that green jacket come end of play on the Sunday

Back