Tiger Woods hurt

Hope the bloke's ok but regards his career, it had kind of faded anyway. Still, tough draw

Tbf, he won a PGATour event a year gone October (more recently than the likes of Schauffle and Rory I think).

He’s not what he was, but when he’s fit and on the right course he’s still a danger and his irons are elite.

It’s amazing, I’ll have a proper read of that in a bit but some of the stats about him blow my mind.

50% of my Twitter feed is just people talking/writing about golf, and on a regular basis somebody posts a ridiculous Tiger stat and it is just mind blowing. The greatest ever.

His 15 shot victory in the 2000 US open is the greatest sporting achievement ever imo. To go 12 under on a course when the next best in +3 is baffling.

Tbf, he won a PGATour event a year gone October (more recently than the likes of Schauffle and Rory I think).

He’s not what he was, but when he’s fit and on the right course he’s still a danger and his irons are elite.
And the masters in 2019!

Bad driving record for somebody with better than perfect, surgically enhanced vision like. Hope he's alright regardless mind

Was only in it for the puns tbf fella's

jesus, how did I miss that :lol:
His 15 shot victory in the 2000 US open is the greatest sporting achievement ever imo. To go 12 under on a course when the next best in +3 is baffling.

Not even his greatest major victory for me - winning the US Open on one leg is just outrageous. Just insane.

Could do this all day with him to be fair.

Last edited:
Be a bit surprising unless he had a really, really long night. The accident happened at 7:15 am. Pain meds from recent surgery might be the exception, of course.
Think he’s always had a problem with pain meds with a decent reason but you don’t just swerve off a main road without another vehicle being involved. Personally I think he’s got long standing issues. We’ll wait and hear about the facts.

Think he’s always had a problem with pain meds with a decent reason but you don’t just swerve off a main road without another vehicle being involved. Personally I think he’s got long standing issues. We’ll wait and hear about the facts.

The above seems a lot more likely than the below:

Nothing been confirmed, so just a guess, but feeling alcohol involved here.

Again, it happened at 7:15 am local.

And that means he can’t be drunk?

It means it's less likely. Having experienced both, British drinking culture and US drinking culture tend to be different; particularly on the West Coast, people tend to start earlier and end earlier. That said, he might be the exception, but he'd need to have a pretty serious problem to be drunk driving at 7:15 am - I've had my own issues with alcohol, but that was a bridge too far even for me. There's not really been a hint of that sort of problem with him before, despite his numerous other issues. It doesn't really matter to the immediate term, but obviously if he has that big of a drink problem then he's got a lot even more of a recovery ahead of him.

Last edited:

Back