Tier 3 from tomorow

Yeah I don't think we will be in tier 3 by next week to be fair but good to know they are using a bit of sense if we are.

I think we will by mid/end next week. Meeting on monday apparently ... cases were going down based on the 7 days but last 3 days cases have jumped, s/shields being one and its now being reflected in the 7 days stats

Seems to me that there has to be an overall downwards trend that comes with a change in behaviour from the public to stop us going into tier 3 in Sunderland.

There will be some level of political posturing over finance I would hope but it’s inevitable. There has to be some employed or enforced change to reduce the levels.

Now is the time for local leaders to be demanding change from its residents and for people to behave more responsibly

Last edited by a moderator:
As he doesn't want to do that.

He thinks this local lockdown approach is better as it keeps other areas open that don't have cases.
No he doesn’t. He just doesn’t want to lockdown the whole country again so instead is doing it on the quiet. Plus he doesn’t want to annoy any Tory MPs - hence why very few Tory areas have been moved into higher tiers.

I keep reading cases are coming down. This is just my thought and I'm not claiming to be right. However, cases a few weeks ago were amongst the younger generation that was well documented. Now overall cases might be coming down, but what if cases amongst over 60s are also going up? These are the folk that need hospital treatment more often than not and cause hospitals to be overwhelmed.

I keep reading cases are coming down. This is just my thought and I'm not claiming to be right. However, cases a few weeks ago were amongst the younger generation that was well documented. Now overall cases might be coming down, but what if cases amongst over 60s are also going up? These are the folk that need hospital treatment more often than not and cause hospitals to be overwhelmed.
Thats exactly it...you are spot on...but people are saying the cases are coming down so we don’t need lockdown...but we do....I’m not a fan of a entire country wide circuit breaker ....why penalise people and businesses in low case areas the economy is in bloody big enough mess as it is...also wish people would get away from thinking this is all being done by political area...the virus isn’t going around saying I will just attack the Labour areas

Back