Tickets sold for Rochdale

Bizzare I know ..but remember watching Darlo v Rochdale at the George Reynolds stadium( mlf) about ten year back ?(maybe more?) at invite of mate who was Darlo fan...it was possibly a play off?was in corporate so maybe why my memory is tainted!Rochdale fans made right racket
How things have changed for us ...Darlo and probs the Dale since then....
My only venture there was also Darlington v Rochdale when rain and sleet put paid to our game and Hartlepools. Paid in first gate I saw and was in Rochdale end. DALE! DALE! loud as owt. Rochdale were awful but fans never on players backs, other than after umpteenth stray pass by RB I think, a lone dissenting voice cried “COME ON SIMPKINS!”. Was like summit out of Ripping Yarns Golden Gordon, and if you’re under 45 that reference is probably lost. Anyway, Dale lost 1-0. Stay tuned for more boring rambles.

My only venture there was also Darlington v Rochdale when rain and sleet put paid to our game and Hartlepools. Paid in first gate I saw and was in Rochdale end. DALE! DALE! loud as owt. Rochdale were awful but fans never on players backs, other than after umpteenth stray pass by RB I think, a lone dissenting voice cried “COME ON SIMPKINS!”. Was like summit out of Ripping Yarns Golden Gordon, and if you’re under 45 that reference is probably lost. Anyway, Dale lost 1-0. Stay tuned for more boring rambles.
Jesus, Michael Simpkins is not a player I wanted to be reminded of. He got sent off at an away game somewhere and all four sides of the ground were cheering. Ended up getting sacked I think for punching a fan after a game. Up there as one of the worst I've ever seen in a Dale shirt and there are a few candidates for that.

Jesus, Michael Simpkins is not a player I wanted to be reminded of. He got sent off at an away game somewhere and all four sides of the ground were cheering. Ended up getting sacked I think for punching a fan after a game. Up there as one of the worst I've ever seen in a Dale shirt and there are a few candidates for that.
Ha ha ha tremendous! Enjoyed that game, was Dale for a day!

Our game with Preston was called off at about 2ish, so we went down to watch Darlo v Rochdale. Didnt realise it was a play off game like, unless it was a different game to the one you might be on about. We went in with the Dale fans, who were spot on, good crack and loud. A load of Preston fans also were in the away who were total arseholes.

As for staying tuned for more boring rambles, I'm probably immune from them now marra!! ;)

Our game with Preston was called off at about 2ish, so we went down to watch Darlo v Rochdale. Didnt realise it was a play off game like, unless it was a different game to the one you might be on about. We went in with the Dale fans, who were spot on, good crack and loud. A load of Preston fans also were in the away who were total arseholes.

As for staying tuned for more boring rambles, I'm probably immune from them now marra!! ;)
Pretty sure the one I went to wasn’t a playoff like, but canny coincidence if Dale played there twice when we had a home game called off!

Back