TicketMaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Handwich

Striker
Why oh why do we keep hearing about artists fed up with their fans being held to ransom by unscrupulous ticketing agencies, then suddenly find out that they are solely relying on TicketBastard to do their bidding for them. Springsteen is the latest for his Broadway shows. Ed Sheeran has just cancelled 20,000 tickets from the likes of getmein and stubhub and viagogo which have been put out there by, you've guessed it, his sole ticketing representative TicketMaster.
Is there some kind of unbreakable cartel ruling the ticketing world.

Why oh why do we keep hearing about artists fed up with their fans being held to ransom by unscrupulous ticketing agencies, then suddenly find out that they are solely relying on TicketBastard to do their bidding for them. Springsteen is the latest for his Broadway shows. Ed Sheeran has just cancelled 20,000 tickets from the likes of getmein and stubhub and viagogo which have been put out there by, you've guessed it, his sole ticketing representative TicketMaster.

There is, mate.

Mate of mine was telling me about some documentary he watched about it recently and the bottom line is that fuck all can be done about it.

There is, mate.

Mate of mine was telling me about some documentary he watched about it recently and the bottom line is that fuck all can be done about it.
Surely a group of artists/labels can get together and create their own. And if they want to avoid tickets being sold on they can make sure that photos are sent for all tickets.

Its the only website I can never get tickets off.
I tried to get tickets for things I knew wernt sold out yet couldnt get any, then go on a different website and get them easily they do my head in

Ticketmaster have deals with the majority of the venues. Pearl Jam tried to do a tour in the mid 90s not using Ticketmaster venues but it was a bit of a disaster as the venues they had to use often weren't really set up to host gigs.

The resale sites are a disgrace. I'm sure they're full of tickets that have never been available to fans to purchase previously.

Ticketmaster have deals with the majority of the venues. Pearl Jam tried to do a tour in the mid 90s not using Ticketmaster venues but it was a bit of a disaster as the venues they had to use often weren't really set up to host gigs.

The resale sites are a disgrace. I'm sure they're full of tickets that have never been available to fans to purchase previously.
But if a number of major artists boycotted them, they'd soon fall in line. It's all about profits at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back