Ticketmaster Prices

DufraisFTM

Striker
I tried to get standing tickets for a gig at Newcastle arena that went on sale last Friday. I had no joy as they appeared to sell out straight away. They were priced at £61.50.

I’ve checked a couple of times in the last week or so and there were still non listed indicating a sell out. I’ve just had another look and they’ve reappeared priced £101.30. When you click the information icon it states ‘ticket prices may fluctuate, based on demand, at any time’. How long have they been doing this? I’m a regular gig goer and have never seen it.

I know they keep tickets back and pass them on to their secondary sites. Is this just them doing the same thing without using the other sites. It’s a disgrace that they can still get away with this shit.

Im pissed with them at the moment. Booked tickets for an event when tickets went on sale. Because sales not as good as they hoped and still got tickets left they doing 2-4-1 tickets. Harsh on people who buy early

Im pissed with them at the moment. Booked tickets for an event when tickets went on sale. Because sales not as good as they hoped and still got tickets left they doing 2-4-1 tickets. Harsh on people who buy early
Wasn’t impractical jokers was it? Same happened to us.

Wasn’t impractical jokers was it? Same happened to us.

Yep. Managed to get decent seats so the Mrs was happy. Checked the other day and still some very good seats available.

I know shops etc can change promotions, but changing things for the same event is shit, should be other way round, 2-4-1 first then sell full price. I've sent them asking if they can do anything, dont expect a reply

I tried to get standing tickets for a gig at Newcastle arena that went on sale last Friday. I had no joy as they appeared to sell out straight away. They were priced at £61.50.

I’ve checked a couple of times in the last week or so and there were still non listed indicating a sell out. I’ve just had another look and they’ve reappeared priced £101.30. When you click the information icon it states ‘ticket prices may fluctuate, based on demand, at any time’. How long have they been doing this? I’m a regular gig goer and have never seen it.

I know they keep tickets back and pass them on to their secondary sites. Is this just them doing the same thing without using the other sites. It’s a disgrace that they can still get away with this shit.
They've been doing that for ages, now.

I tried to get Ricky Gervais tickets for the City Hall a couple of years ago and they were coming up at around £70 so I went on the City Hall website and got them for just over £30

They've been doing that for ages, now.

I tried to get Ricky Gervais tickets for the City Hall a couple of years ago and they were coming up at around £70 so I went on the City Hall website and got them for just over £30
Does the city hall website use ticketmaster or are they direct from their box office?

I saw your tweet. I’ve tweeted and emailed them.

There was some indie thing on at the academy either last Saturday or the one before, Cast, Space and that. I got an email from showfilmfirst offering tickets ofr the booking fee only, £3. :eek: :lol:

I couldn't go anyway. And probably wouldn't have.

Direct - they charge nominal postage and no fees iirc

So that’s slightly different to what’s happened here. Ticketmaster had them for sale at a price. They were unavailable after a few minutes, indicating a sell out. They’re now back on sale on ticketmasters website with about a 70% price hike.

So that’s slightly different to what’s happened here. Ticketmaster had them for sale at a price. They were unavailable after a few minutes, indicating a sell out. They’re now back on sale on ticketmasters website with about a 70% price hike.
Yeah the sell out bit is a mystery, but they've certainly been setting prices according to demand for at least a couple of years now. "Dynamic Pricing" they call it, but we all know what it really means.

Back