Ticket Office Windowless (Inside)

SAFC1962

Winger
Called in today for my ticket for friendly on Saturday 27th. Really surprised to see the open plan nature of the ticket office. Very much like your modern bank. I'm all for friendliness and customer service, but they usually have boxes handy with "collections" in and there may also be some fairly meaty cash transactions for season tickets or group away match sales. (security issue?)
Every time I've been in last season when there was a queue there has inevitably been a "discussion" going on with someone about wrong age/lack of points/ineligible for quoted price etc.....................
I just don't see this as being a positive for the poor (mainly) lasses working there!

Called in today for my ticket for friendly on Saturday 27th. Really surprised to see the open plan nature of the ticket office. Very much like your modern bank. I'm all for friendliness and customer service, but they usually have boxes handy with "collections" in and there may also be some fairly meaty cash transactions for season tickets or group away match sales. (security issue?)
Every time I've been in last season when there was a queue there has inevitably been a "discussion" going on with someone about wrong age/lack of points/ineligible for quoted price etc.....................
I just don't see this as being a positive for the poor (mainly) lasses working there!

More people pay using credit card/ mobiles these days so im sure there wont be much cash there. And maybe it will be better for discussions without the window? Make it more civil? Easier to hear?

Could possibly have something to do with making the ticket office into the Sunderland shop and the ticket office to be moved to the West Stand. I read something along those lines on here.

Could possibly have something to do with making the ticket office into the Sunderland shop and the ticket office to be moved to the West Stand. I read something along those lines on here.

I thought they were moving the club shop into there to sell both merchandise and tickets from the same building, presumably split up slightly inside. Would be a bit daft making people go round to the west stand for ticket collections etc.

I thought they were moving the club shop into there to sell both merchandise and tickets from the same building, presumably split up slightly inside. Would be a bit daft making people go round to the west stand for ticket collections etc.
You would think so.

old club shop in west stand is being turned into a bar IIRC

If they spent less time f***ing about with it and sorted out the fuck ups with season ticket dds etc people would be happier.

What was the reason for having the main entrance around the back of the stadium? Wouldn't it of made more sense to have it on the ticket office side in the first place?

Sure it was something to do with sunlight and the pitch, could be wrong like.
I remember something like that but surely it would of just been easier designing a stadium and roof to suit instead of essentially building the ground back to front.

Just getting some fucker to answer the phone would be a massive improvement.

I remember something like that but surely it would of just been easier designing a stadium and roof to suit instead of essentially building the ground back to front.

Was my view from the beginning, to most visitors the first view of the stadium looks like a 90's retail park. I also thought the club shop was in the wrong place so good that it's being shifted round.

Back